MagCharger switch seals when did they change?

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Here in the pic are two switch seals that MagLite uses on their D-size flashlights. The one on the right is used in older MC's and current D-sizers.
I was wondering if anyone knew when did they change the MagCharger swithch seal and ofcourse the switch also? I have two MC's, from years 1996 and 2001. They both have the older switches so it must be a quite new design??
449384.jpg

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My newest one is from around 2002 and uses the old-style switch cover. Dunno when they changed. Probably not a bad idea, since it's a hard switch to press all the way down if you're wearing gloves.

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
I think it has more to do with putting the light together. See the switch button is also shorter and if you try to install the new switch compared to the old one where the button sticks out more, the new one is much easier to in its place.

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Come on.. Now take the switch seals off your MC's and tell me when you bought them! I have started a few threads about MC and SL-20 and no one here seems to play with these lights. Where should I go ask these questions about the two lights?

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Since there is no other people besides me and Abtomat interested in MC's history I asked directly from Mag and they told me the year they changed the switch design was 2004