WooHoo! Finally got my KL1-R up and running...with pics!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got the parts in today. The 1.5x123 body and the McR20 reflector. I had a heck of time getting it to light up though. The body is made for the 17500 cell which is still on its way from lighthound. But I had a 15mm aluminum charging spacer. It still didn't quite make up the difference. So I put electrical tape around the outside of the spacer, melted a bunch of solder onto one end of the spacer, and put a small neodymium magnet on the negative end of a primary. Any danger to this? The solder/magnet mess is in the middle of the stack. This IS only temporary, just until the 17500 cell and charger get here. Anyway heres' some pics.
mykl1r002dj5.jpg

mykl1r001zy0.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sexy light! Send it to me and I'll put a Cree in it! (just remember I didn't say anything about returning it!!) :D

As long as the spacer is on the negative end you'll be fine. If the body is negatively connected, you don't want the spacer/mess on the positive side where it might shift and touch the body, even if the body is anodized.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of body is that? Look's like a Z57 but what about the rest of it? Just one
cell?

Galiphrey

Enlightened
MARNAV1 said:
What kind of body is that? Look's like a Z57 but what about the rest of it? Just one
cell?

(It's an Aleph 1.5x body. The 1.5x123 body is made for the 17500 cell.)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, its the Aleph 17500 body from the shoppe. Its' all they had left since the Cree craze was eating up the other Aleph bodies.

Now I just gotta get the pocket clip kit for it and decide if I want it bezel up or down. The shoppe is out of the universal titanium clip right now, and I don't know if it will even fit this body.

This think is about 3/8ths" shorter than my L1. Very compact. Can't wait for the 17500 and charger to get here, it will run in 2 cell mode then.