Decision to buy has been made! Finally!!

gregoryh

Newly Enlightened
I understand my choice is a 2004 design and has had some very specific failures. I also know it is not cheap, not the brightest, nor the simplist. What is does do, when it works, is allow me to have a relatively bright beam ,or if a long term solution is required, run on low power for a long time. For the most part appears to be rugged with an established company behind it. A lifetime warrantyis for the life of the company, not the product!
My choice is not so small as to cause fumbling nor is it so large as to be ungainly or fatiguing to carry I will be used as a backup light when hunting or as an emergency light for readside use or whatever.
The choice is the U2 Ultra. I know I will hear detractors but honestly it appears to me with my limited knowledge of these things to be the most reliable multi-use light in general use.
Anyway good luck to all and happy flashlighting!
Thanks for all the opinions and info on my previous thread!
Greg Harrison

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You made a GREAT choice!!!!!! It is my best all around flashlight. Reliable, bright, long lasting, etc.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
good choice, you'll like it, i sure do... as you can see by my review on my sigline.

-David

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you found a place to get one yet? Keep in mind there are several variations which allow or disallow the use of LiIon 18650 batteries.

A little fairy told me one may be coming up on BST soon.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
I LOVE my U2.
It is the first torch I reach for in the house.
Enjoy!

Remember: whatever other people say, you have to live your own life, not be slave to their whims or wrongs.

gregoryh

Newly Enlightened
cave dave said:
Have you found a place to get one yet? Keep in mind there are several variations which allow or disallow the use of LiIon 18650 batteries.

A little fairy told me one may be coming up on BST soon.
Where is BST and why would someone want to sell one? I am new at this stuff !
Greg Harrison

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
gregoryh said:
Where is BST and why would someone want to sell one? I am new at this stuff !
Greg Harrison

Usually people sell stuff to make room for other stuff. In my case I'm trying to ween off using CR123s or other exotic batteries.

PM if you are interested.