How to remove Survivor LED clip?

daq

Newly Enlightened
I want to remove the nylon clip on the back of my Survivor LED.
(I'm going to put a right angle bracket on it so I can mount on my bike)

I cut off the clip so I could get to the screws, but when I turn the phillips screws, I just hear "squeeking" and the screw does not back out.

Any tips/hints appreciated.
Dale

boef800

Newly Enlightened
You just have to push the pin out.It works to both sides.Oh now I see, you've cutted it off already.With the screws you also unscrew the light modul.

Alex

Last edited:

daq

Newly Enlightened
boef800 said:
With the screws you also unscrew the light modul.
Alex
Thanks Alex,

I'll keep trying and see if I can get it out. Once I get it unscrewed, do you know how to remove the whole module? I assume that the switch must come out some how, but I don't see how that is done. (Perhaps this will be obvious when the module is out.

Thanks again!
Dale

boef800

Newly Enlightened
Dale,
my pleasure if I can contribute something helpful.English isn't my native language though,so I may sound sometimes cumbersomely or rightdown inscrutable:whistle:.
With the pin I meant the axis of the clip.It's just a pushed in pin,and you can push it out to either side for taking off the clip.
The two screws should come off just by unscrewing.Maybe they are longer than you first thought.
If you screw the reflector/bezel off you can already see the whole lamp assembly which is held by these two screws.After unscrewing it slips out in the direction the batterycarrier does.It's one unit,everything is attached to the heatsink,the switch too.
How do you like the Survivor by the way Dale?I own it since three days and besides the fact that the reflector isn't especialy artifact free by nature,the thing puts really out a throw.

Greetz,Alex