Surefire M4 devastator....anyone ?

Safety1st

Enlightened
I'm thinking of getting a M4 Devastator....

Anyone got one?

Any reviews or pros/cons..

I had a M3T at one time and sold it...wish i'd not done that now.

I need the M4 for a searchlight at work...and off work for when out with dog...in woods / fields.

Thanks

Gary

supes

Enlightened
Got one, too. I mostly use it with a KL6 LED head on the body because it's a good whacking stick for my runs at night. I love the turboheads and their beautiful beams, I don't think you can really go wrong getting one. If you get the M4, you could also get a L6 and switch it up to have a M3T as an option. Great light.

Danbo

Enlightened
I had one at one time, but did not like the extra long, skinny profile of it. Now, if Surefire would only make a 4 battery version of the M6... :)

hburner

Enlightened
As has been stated several times before, get one, bore it out to accept 18650 LG cells (2400 mAh) and use the MN15,MN16,MN20,MN21 or the N2 lamps! Now that is versatile and I love mine. With the MN21 you get the same amount of runtime as the M6 with better brightness throughout the batteries run plus rechargeability!!!!!!!!

Size15's

Flashaholic
I started out with the 12PM - the predecessor of the M4 and found the M3T to be far more practical from a dimensions perspective. The M3T fits in my jacket pocket far better than the 12PM/M4 does.
That said, I use an M6 instead of the M3T or M4 most of the time since it's just as pocketable as the M3T (but heavier) and the output is so much better the difference is significant.

Al

ScottyJ

Enlightened
I had one, it is a great light. I sold it because I hardly ever used it. However, if you have a use for it, then it is an excellent light.
I wish it was regulated.

Paladin

Enlightened
"Redneck Night Vision", maybe not suitable for use on a "two way range", but excellent for civilian use. 500 lumens from the M4, for when the Laser Devices OP-9 runs out of steam. As a matter of fact, I DO own the night...

Paladin
Captured_2004-1-28_00002.jpg

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my M4. I actually prefer it to the M6. I've owned 3 or 4 M6's as well as an M3T, Out of all of those, the M4 is the only one I kept. Not quite as pocketable as the M3T or M6, but I have a nice open loop holster for it, but most of the time, if I;m carrying it, I'm using it.

-Keith

Knight Lights

Enlightened
I have had one, and I just flat couldn't make it work for me. The M3T is one of my all time favorites, and the M6 is the TOP OF THE HEAP!

For the difference in cost between the M4 and the M6, I'd buy the M6 everytime. I run the MN16 in the M3t and use the MN20 in the M6 if I need more runtime, the same solution Al uses I guess!

Bill