Who's gonna be First Cree XR-E Light Manufacturer?

Who's gonna be First Cree XR-E Light Manufacturer?

• Arc Light

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • HDS/NovaTac

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Fenix Flashlights

Votes: 110 73.8%
  • Peak LED Solutions

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • LRI / Photon

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Inova

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Maglights

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Dorcy

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cree !!! :nana:

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Others please specify in thread

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question is Simple and Clear :)

So, Who's gonna be First Cree Light Manufacturer?

By Manufacturer, I mean, the one who can produce more than 3000 lights combined. (EDIT, Updated number of lights and criteria)

Last edited:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
do Photons International manufacture more than 3000 lights combined. (EDIT, Updated number of lights and criteria)

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
5000 lights?

And HDS/NovaTac is on the list?

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait a second.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Ed

LED Cool

Enlightened
5000 pcs per flashlight model or a combined total of 5000 light?

seems a bit high figure. probably 1000-2000 pcs would be more realistic if we are to include more manufacturers?

what about streamlight, surefire, pelican, Underwater Kinetics (UK)?

just my 2 cents.

khoo

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a feeling if the new Arc (ls) comes out soon, it will have a cree. But I don't think it will be called the LS!! lol. Arc XRE? Arc5? :shrug:

Fenix I think is hip with keeping up with innovation and features, so I picked them too.

And HDS probably will have something too.

What about Orb?

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit:Manufacturer = more than 3000 lights combined. (EDIT, Updated number of lights and criteria)

I think this should be fair enough to distinguish between "M-odder" & Manufacturer

I wanted to include maximum of manufacturers, however I only had 10 choices. so surefire, UK, Orb etc are not in list. I included only those who i thought could bring it first.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc Light - I voted for Arc because the New Arc LS is coming out and I thought I heard a claim of a new light source. :shrug:

HDS/NovaTac - Would be nice and could be how they will make the U85. And the U120.

Fenix - Entirely possible, but they were not first with 1AA Luxeons, just more light for the money.

Peak LED - I wish. Next gen Kino Bay or Rainier anyone? Hudson Bay and Everest?

LRI / Photon - Thinking of an XR-E Proton II! And don't forget the Photon Five Freedom XR-E!!

Inova - I wish again (T6, next gen T1, and T0?), but even more that they come out with two level lights to take full advantage. Think X-ohhhhhhh!

Maglights - Didn't the first Mag LED JUST come out? I'm still waiting for their $20 1xAA Luxeon! Think 2009.

Dorcy - Hmmmm, No. Doubt it.

:dedhorse:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul Kim was muttering about this new super LED at the shot show. At the time everyone was guessing Soeul Semiconductor but it could be a pre-production Cree XR-E.
glockboy said:
I say Surefire.

The 1st Fenix or CLONE to come out with a good XR-E light will take the lead in the 1AA/1AAA lights forcing the others to say 'me too' later. I see a big push by Fenix, Ultrafire, Jet, Huntlight to see who will be 1st.

I see we have to limit the poll to mass manufacturers since the Sandwich Shoppe has been selling A19-XREs as fast as they can assemble them for a couple of weeks now. When the next batch shows up for sale depends.....
dat2zip said:
..... on work load, orders, sun, moon position and whether I'm facing north, south, east, west when I wake up.:laughing:
I-Wayne

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
I won't jump on one until I know what bin they're using.

That said, I'd really love a Cree version of an L2T. But I think most people would.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say Fenix, just look at their product line, astonishing how many new GOOD lights they have made.

I just wonder how expencive the Cree lights will be? Will most manufacturers keep Luxeon lights at current prices and have outrageous prices for the Cree lights?

glire

Enlightened
Led Lenser :devil:

Seriously, I think Fenix too. They are able to output a new light in 1 or 2 months only.

This poll brings another one: when will we see the first chinese light using a Cree XR-E "clone" ? :santa:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's not surprising to see that out of 71 votes till now NONE went to Mag :nana:
at the same time, People have High Hopes from Fenix.

What if Cree declines to sell em to Fenix in analogy to a recent post where some one mentioned some thing similar, i.e. Cree declining to sell em to a particular customer for some reason, was it 4sevens??? don't recollect it clearly.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be SureFire.

Oh, wait. I thought it was who will be the first to have 3000 lights backordered.

My bad ;)

Scott