LED Museum New Light Meter---Deal Done!

rlhess

Enlightened
****I just spoke with Mr. Ted Bear and he's going to order it out of the computer funds--there was enough excess to cover this. And he's going to order it from the WebTronics folks in Arizona and get Craig a backup multimeter as well.

No more action needed. Thanks to those who responded.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi, All,

I'd like a couple of people to chip in with me to buy Craig a Meterman LM631 illuminance meter.

He's using an old but good Tektronix J16. This actually IS the calibration for absolute light levels with the fancy ProMetric system--the ProMetric does all the other calcs, but you have to tell it the actual peak illuminance.

Since several of us have the Meterman LM631 it would be good for Craig to have one, too, so he can check two light meters against each other and make sure they agree.

It's a bit under $100 shipped. I'm in for $20.00--who's in for some?

I've talked with him about loaning him mine for a check, but he really needs (at least in my opinion) a backup meter and his lux meter broke a while back.

Thanks!

Richard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlhess:
****I just spoke with Mr. Ted Bear and he's going to order it out of the computer funds--there was enough excess to cover this. And he's going to order it from the WebTronics folks in Arizona and get Craig a backup multimeter as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is great, thanks!!
smile.gif

Should let you know though I've got PLENTY of multimeters, and don't need any spare.
I've currently got two bench types, and at least 3-4 portables. I took advantage of a sale last year and "stocked up" on them, and a website fan sent me another "good" benchtop (a very sophisticated, reasonably up-to-date unit with so many buttons and inputs I don't even know what they're all for
wink.gif
) in case my Fluke 8000A goes completely ****-up.

rlhess

Enlightened
Well, the multimeter is free with the lightmeter...so do what you will with it...or Jeff/Ted will figure out a good home for it. I'm getting one when they get the IR thermometers in.

Cheers,

Richard

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The meters just came today, thanks guys!!
The DMM is better than two I'm using now, so I'll set *those* aside as spares and use the new as my primary portable. The benchtops still have their place (monitoring power supplies and for spot checks on other stuff), and will continue to be used as before.

As soon as a certain, well-known, type G2 main sequence star moves past terminator, I'll start some more tests & comparisons with the vintage 1970s Tektronix J16.