Any plastic 1 AA luxeons?

fishx65

Enlightened
The L1p in polymer would be the perfect winter light for me here in Michigan. I now carry the pro-poly but was looking for something much smaller.

Thanks, FishX

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened
Man, I hate to see a post with no responses!!! Wish I could tell you I know of a poly lux AA but I don't. If it's the cold of metal on the hands you're trying to avoid there may be other solutions. I've coated things with plasti-dip to help "warm them up", or there are probably better suggestions. Don't know for sure that's your goal but thought I'd try and help.

Last edited:

bitslammer

Enlightened
Ditto. I'm drawing all blanks on non metal single AA lights. Perhaps in that size a polymer light doesn't provide the desired durability? I have the 7 LED 4xAA Streamlight PP and it's tough as hell but it's a 4AA so the larger size may make it tougher.

I'm with you though...a polymer A light would be very light to carry.

fishx65

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies! Good idea about the plastic dip or shrink tube. A pro-poly with 1 or 2 AA's would be a perfect light for me! I do alot of winter sporting activities here in Michigan and always reach for my polymer lights when the temp drops. My pro-poly's have gotten a good workout tracking deer this season!

Skibane

Enlightened
Spray-on truck bedliner coating would be another possible solution to the "cold bare metal" problem. Wal-Mart has it for about 6 bucks a can (jumbo-sized) - should last long enough to do a lot of small projects.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I'd love to find a 1xAA lux torch, but as the above posters suggest, I don't think there is one.

The closest I know of is the Tekna Splashlite LS which is a tiny little polymer CR123 luxeon torch. Pros: fenix P1 sized, tough, long battery life, simple twisty. Cons: crap beam, not too bright, plastic lens easily scratched. Overall a great emergency torch but not good enough for general use if you've owned any of the remotely decent lux torches which have come out in the last 12 months!

I think the problem with small plastic lux torches is heat dissipation. The ProPoly gets away with it by having a big metal reflector which heats up and dissipates some heat out through the lens.

I think there's be a market for a cheap underdriven lux 1xAA plastic torch: small, light, long battery life, few overheating problems etc etc