• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn - Custom D'Mo Brass "ARC" AAA/Luxeon Star F/S

FsTop

Enlightened
This keychain jewel is a D'Mo-built "ARC" AAA keychain light, with a Luxeon Star 1-Watt LED and an optical lens for an evenly-distributed beam.
2mnhkx5.jpg

The body is solid brass, of the same design and dimensions as the original ARC AAA. The lens is recessed, to avoid scratching during pocket carry. Weight is 25g.

The internals are by CPF'er D'Mo - custom-made, with a 1-watt Luxeon Star and acrylic diffusing optic. I've carried one just like it for more than a year, and it has been completely reliable.

The beam is a wide, even, white, square-shaped narrrow flood - about 40-degrees wide with no hot-spots, and it is Very bright. This beamshot compares it to an original ARC Premium on the right. The light is white, not yellow, but the wall I used is pale yellow. The center of both beams is overexposed, so the photo doesn't really give a good idea how much more light the Luxeon delivers - at least twice as much as even the most recent ARC AAA Premium.
2nv7293.jpg

An Alkaline AAA gives about 75 minutes runtime, and the light warms up noticably after a few minutes of use. I'd suggest NiMh rechargables or Lithium batteries for best brightness and life.

This light has a nice Easter Egg - after turning it off, there is a soft green glow in the lense for a minute or two.
4ginceo.jpg

This light is unused - I commisioned it and other identical ones as family gifts and for my own EDC, but my Dad died before I could give this one to him.

Asking $65 plus $10 for insured USPS shipping to CONUS. First to post "I'll take it" gets it. PayPal preferred. PM me with any questions or for PP information.

Last edited:

FsTop

Enlightened
Re: Custom Brass "ARC" AAA/Luxeon Star For Sale

As far as I know, ARC never made a brass-bodied light.

This brass body was made by Peak as an ARC exact-copy, and the innards are completely custom-made by D'Mo.

Last edited:

FsTop

Enlightened
Re: Custom D'Mo Brass "ARC" AAA/Luxeon Star For Sale

Even if brass ARC AAA's don't exist, this isn't one of them... :grin2:

Last edited:

d'mo

Enlightened

It sure isn't. The case was purchased from Peak.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Folks.....this is a great little light! I have one of D'Mo's heads on a "N" size body. I forget just who made the "N" size body. It was made to shorten the ARC AAA. Once again, this is a great little light...someone needs to snap it up!

FsTop

Enlightened

:awman:
OK - price lowered to $60 plus shipping. After this it goes on eBay.

Last edited:

NetMage

Enlightened

Jets22 made the N size bodies - I have one as well, and the D'Mo head is great.

FsTop

Enlightened
Well, no action at $60, and I'll be darned if I'll sell it for less than that, so it's withdrawn from offer...