I Must Be In Flashoholic Remission...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...mainly because I no longer compulsively buy the first new flashlight I see. Don't be mistaken, I still have way too many lights, accessories for lights, plus still-incoming other lights (DANG them slow-a$$ed postal workers!).

But for example just the other day I was thinking whether to get the Attitude, Opalec NewBeam, or the new LightWave 2100. Even posted a brightness question about them here at CPF. Then my Lambda Pill got here, I installed it, and realized it outshone them all. Normally I would have rationalized that I still need another LED with better run time, but really -- what self-respecting flashoholic doesn't have several years' worth of batteries stockpiled anyway?

And I've been reading about the new CMG Reactor, and how (although CMG does have its new-product QC issues) it would be a cheap knockabout substitute for my Arc-SLS, Illuminator, etc., and in fact I just posted about how easy the Reactor might be to mod upwards to Direct Drive (add a third AA, plus Mr. Glow suggested 3 x 2/3 AA Ncd/Nimh cells with a foil or bolt spacer) for a nice, cheap, bright LED light.

These circumstances would normally drive me to immediately go online and order something (even got my dang credit card number memorized by now), but I did not.

Could it be that Flashoholic Remission has finally set in (a sad scenario indeed), or is it just

Flashoholic Maturity?
wink.gif
*wink*

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
...mainly because I no longer compulsively buy the first new flashlight I see.....Could it be that Flashoholic Remission has finally set in (a sad scenario indeed), or is it just
Flashoholic Maturity?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too have entered FR/M and "probably" won't buy another light unless it meets a need that can't be fulfilled by my existing lights.

Brightnorm

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
i used to buy almost every light that came along. Now I want super quality and have slowed down my purchases as well/

Size15's

Flashaholic
Far too chatty - moving to the Cafe...

I don't have the urge to by loads of flashlights - not even loads of SureFires. Okay I do want certain SureFires, but I'm not one for buying loads of different lights just to have them.

Of course, someone like me should have a Surge and a UKE 2L but when I see a flashlight section in a hardware store I don't have the urge to buy them all. Okay so quality flashlights like UKE, P-Tec and Pelican aren't off the shelf items in the UK - let alone the likes of Streamlight and SureFire.

Whether you have maturised or remissed, a Flashaholic you still are.

Al
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
I have caught the same thing, maybe "Doc" Darell can help us out? I used to buy EVERY LED light that I saw, even if it looked really dim or had poor build quality. Now I am looking for more specific lights for how I use them. I don't like large lights, so I am not going to buy any C or D cell LED lights (famous last words). So my collecting has slowed quite a bit lately.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

"Now I am looking for more specific lights for how I use them."

Ahh, the sign of a true flashlight connoisseur. An indication of one whose tastes for the finer lights in life has matured, indeed.

I hope to be that way too when I'm all growed up...

rlhess

Enlightened
Well, this thing has slowed down for me, too. I'm still hoping to get an Arc SLS when more become available...but having bought a bunch of lights recently, I doubt I can justify many more.

It started with a MiniFlashLED and an Inova X5. I never warmed to the MFL and only briefly warmed to the X5.

Then I got the Lambda Illuminator and while I liked it yearned for more light.

In my quest for more light of different flavors, I've bought a SF E2e and then an Arc LE for EDC. Then on to some bigger stuff...the UKE SL6 and D8 and then the Vector 137CO.

Somewheres in there, the PT Aurora showed up as well as a bunch of Brinkmann LXs and some emergency flasher strobes for the cars.

But now I have to decide what light to grab and am finding that I have enough for most purposes.

So other than an Arc SLS, I am probably not going to acquire more. I may buy the kids Auroras for Christmas.

While the CMG reactor's run time with lithium AAs is impressive, I'm not going to feed it AAs for the kids or anything like that and with two Lambda lights (Illuminator and Ill Pill) and an E2e for bright EDC and hopefully an SLs and AAA LE for EDC, I think I'm covered.

I hope that I've helped with some of the measurements and talking about technology.

I'm finding this interesting and I'm learning. Craig (and others) are doing such a great job in reviewing stuff, I am not going to add flashlights to my Web site.

Cheers,

Richard