What else besides Fenix P1?

stockae92

Enlightened
besides Fenix P1, what else out there has a flat fully regulated discharge curve, 3W, single CR123A, glass lens, compact in size and relatively affordable?

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
besides the P1...theres the vortex TC/KC-1, but their 1 watters

um...according to FLR, probably the
amilite neo T3
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/amilite_neot3.htm
or the
Peak caribbean
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/peakled_caribbean.htm
might be my suggestions, hope this helps:candle:

cheers :wave:

btw: theres really no way to substitute the P1....theres a cheaper version of the fenix P1 made by G&P that looks eaxctly alike...um...Ebay
stuff like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/F-L-Mini-Luxeon-3-Watt-LED-Flashlight-Torch_W0QQitemZ230051392069QQihZ013QQcategoryZ117110QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/57-mm-World-Mini-LUXEON-3W-3-Watt-LED-FLASHLIGHT-TORCH_W0QQitemZ200046937854QQihZ010QQcategoryZ20589QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had many inexpensive single cell lights. the p1 is unbeatable in price vs size vs brightness.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
stockae92 said:
besides Fenix P1, what else out there has a flat fully regulated discharge curve, 3W, single CR123A, glass lens, compact in size and relatively affordable?

for the price the P1 takes some beating

there are others as Ilum has said which are good lights, but are more expensive

coontai

Newly Enlightened
Spend a little more and get a wolf-eyes 6 series (sniper) with the led module. Its about the same size.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
savumaki said:
Now if I could just get a P1 with a momentary on switch all would be well in savumaki land. :rant:
You can make it act like it has a momentary switch if you turn it so it is just off, then press the head to the side and it usually comes on. You may have to try it a couple of times to get it to work.

adnj

Enlightened
Blindasabat said:
You can make it act like it has a momentary switch if you turn it so it is just off, then press the head to the side and it usually comes on. You may have to try it a couple of times to get it to work.

Ouch! I'll go for the switch, too.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
Pumaman said:
I have had many inexpensive single cell lights. the p1 is unbeatable in price vs size vs brightness.

I concur!

What I want to know is when is fenix going to release the Cree XR-E P1 :naughty:

flame2000

Enlightened
I want a P1 with a momentary on clickie! Don't really like twistie, they cause the light to flicker if not twist tight enough sometimes. And if twisted too tightly, they punched a dimple on the battery (-). :ohgeez:

savumaki

Enlightened
Blindasabat said:

No offence, but that's really 'Mickey Mouse'; I don't want something that "may" work, it should work each time I reach for it and only need a momentary burst of light. Just like my SF :)

bitslammer

Enlightened
GrooveRite said:
I concur!

What I want to know is when is fenix going to release the Cree XR-E P1 :naughty:

If the price is as reasonable as the rest of the line that would be the killer form factor. I most love the P1 because I can use my rechargeables.

A Cree P1 with perhaps 2 levels low/high would be dynamite. I love the P1 but also carry my L0Pse becasue of the many times the P1 is too powerful.

LowTEC

Enlightened
^^agreed! Cree P1 with clickie and hi/low RCR123A, I probably won't buy anything else after that......maybe... :lolsign:

bitslammer

Enlightened
LowTEC said:
^^agreed! Cree P1 with clickie and hi/low RCR123A, I probably won't buy anything else after that......maybe... :lolsign:

Hmm I thought about a clickie but that would almost surely add to size unless they got really creative. I'm just thinking the mechanics of a clickie are going to add at least 1/2".

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clickie switches don't work well for me on lights as small as the P1. It would add length though, which would make the clickie work better, but one of the great things about the P1 is the compact size. Clickie switches are generally less reliable than twisty switches as well, compact, reliable, bright, cheap, that't theP1.

-Keith

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
LowTEC said:

Ditto! Well maybe wouldn't buy anything else - unless it had a FluPic in it :D

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both my wife and I really like our Luxogen LR5A:

http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/lr5a-1xlir123a-regulated-p-490.html

But it's harder to twist 1-handed because of the smooth head...not a problem for my wife since she always uses it 2-handed. We both like the aesthetics of the LR5A more than the P1, but that's personal tastes. Output and machining are very good, the HAIII is tough, T-bin Lux3, and a 2mm thick glass lens. Also has a crenellated bezel to see it's on when placed bezel down.