Maglite Files

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I posted this a short while ago. It took me a few highly interrupted days to write it. It is crudely written but reaches down deep. It is the first time in a long time that I've thought about it. I surprised myself that I managed to write about it.

I still don't completely know why I chose this outlet to publish it.

Edited by KT on 6-27-2002.
It is only the second time I had ever discussed it since 1982. Everyone has at least one issue in a lifetime to resolve that may take years. This was mine.

It is true that it is easier to talk to strangers. I don't consider ya'll to be strangers, but, because we have not met face to face, it was less taxing to have discussed it in this manner. Thank you for allowing me to share one very small chapter in an eventful life.

I hope to return soon.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yikes. This is the story that I missed a while back. Glad I finally had a chance to read it all. If anybody wants to know what I'll never be a LEO, I'll just point them to this story...

Two things: I want to see that Maglight, and I still want to know who "Mac" is.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. 581,

Thanks for sharing.

It's as if you "owe" something to mag for help in that life or death situation.

Thanks again.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do believe there would be a warm spot in my heart for a Maglite, had I endured this (and the Colt .45). Thanks for shareing. TX

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, I got chest pain while reading this and checked my own pulse a couple of times!! Thanks! I pray that nothing even close to this happens to me on either end...

bwcaw

Enlightened
$#$%! I missed it again.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuddTX:
It's as if you "owe" something to mag for help in that life or death situation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of us will never look at a "lowly" Mag Lite the same way again after having read that. Many of us will never look at a Law Enforcement Officer the same way again after having read that.

We've all seen the stories on TV involving LEOs and life-or-death situations, but when it has happened to somebody you know (even if only as a name on a BBS) this kind of story takes on a whole new significance.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Now you see it, now you don't.

Well I was able to catch the beginning last time up to a ".....to be continued" but missed the rest then and I missed it this time around. That's the way it goes.

KT,

I think that many of us can get a little more than just info on flashlights here at CPF. It is clear that you have given to the CPF and I hope in some way you have received as well.

Best wishes for your next chapter.

- Don

bwcaw

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McGizmo:
Now you see it, now you don't.

Well I was able to catch the beginning last time up to a ".....to be continued" but missed the rest then and I missed it this time around. That's the way it goes.

KT,

I think that many of us can get a little more than just info on flashlights here at CPF. It is clear that you have given to the CPF and I hope in some way you have received as well.

Best wishes for your next chapter.

- Don
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What he said, especially the last part.
grin.gif

Good luck, and God bless, KT!