Scout Camp

Saaby

Flashaholic
HelOOOOOO everyone!
Next week I will be at scout camp...if anyone feels so inclined, you can send me a snail mail letter....they say it needs to be sent Monday to guarntee I'll get it
wink.gif

***EDIT***
My scout camp is on fire...read below.

Just thought I'd post it and see what happens...it would be funny if I got 3 or 4 letters I thought.
tongue.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well yes...unfortunatly unless you readioly have access to USPS (United States Postal Service) you, and I guess in a way I, am out of luck...

Darell

Flashaholic
What? You want hard copy? I don't do hard copy.

Until the USPS has a one-button-email-to-sent-letter conversion deal on their website, you're out of luck with me, my friend.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
So no mention of what lights you're taking with you?

With Saaby's enthusiasm, I bet we get inundated with scout converts in the weeks ahead.
shocked.gif
wink.gif

Tomas

Banned
Heheheheh . . . Too bad Saaby can't take a pouch of lights "On Consignment" to the camp, Lux. Bet he could pay his own way to a couple of new ones for himself that way.
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Scratch that.

Ready for this...READY FOR THIS?!?

My scout camp is on FIRE

Ok, not quite, but there is a major forrest fire around that camp so we are going to anohter camp...the camp we went to last year
frown.gif

Now I don't want to sound whiny here but my troop NEVER goes anywhere there are trees, we're always in for a week of fun in the sun...no shade, ever. This year we were camping in a place with TREES! It was going to be grand, but we're back to the middle of the desert, <sign> oh well at least they teach all the same merit badges.

Lights? I'll be taking...

An Energizer Folding LED for tent light and some path lighting and then a

Nordic AA for other lighting.

That's right, no LEDs...I don't OWN one yet. I more or less have enough to order an Arc but not quite so that will have to wait until I get back from camp. I will have a full report of camp to post here when I get back k?

I'd LOVE to sell lights at camp, by the way, you see theres this quality to me...I'm a great sales person, and scouts like to buy bright things, oh well too late...maybe next year.

This is kinda my thread in a way so I am going to take this oppertunity to make an off-topic comment. I was at a brand new Super Wal-Mart today. First stop, flashlight section. They had the usual selection of Mags, that 3-way head light that has been mentioned here, the Brinkman Rebel and the Longlifr. No Brinkman Legends though. They also had a full shelf of those watercolor LED things, but as I am nearly broke cash wise...I only bought my Wet 'n' Wild #401 clear polish to do my Glow paint with. (Phred generously offered to send me some) Felt a little silly wandering around the cosmetics department (And it was a Super Wal-Mart so it was anything but small) but hey! I was 2 hours away from home, I won't see any of those people again.
tongue.gif
, actually it wasn't that big of a deal.

All right, I've been gone all day...time to play catch up!

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saaby:
This is kinda my thread in a way so I am going to take this oppertunity to make an off-topic comment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So, like me, you only go off topic in your own threads? Yuhuh.

rolleyes.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Derell said it
So, like me, you only go off topic in your own threads? Yuhuh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is basically a bumb, but an ammendum too. Above I said I don't own any LEDs, I meant LED torches, technically the Energizer deal is a lantern.

Today I found a blinky red LED that came on the box my optical mouse came in, so I am taking that too. I can stick 2 AAs in it and it will blink out the window of the tent the whole week and drive every one CraZy. It will, though, make the tent easy to find in the dark. The troop leaders (one of them is my dad but that's a different off topic rant) decided we'd take the troop tents so they'll all...LOOK ALIKE! My tent will be the only one with a red blinking LED on it, making it easy to distungish.

Ok, I think I better finish packing now...

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe the little guy doesn't have an LED light yet. Should we get a collection? I'd give $10..

Wow!! Yclo: Whats the scale? Inches or cm?

Darell

Flashaholic
Hey. Let's all go to camp, and when Ryan returns nobody will be home.

Let's choose a computer nerd camp so we don't have to change our lifestyles much.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid, I always wanted to go to one of those camps like you see on the movies where the girls have their camp on one side of the lake and the boys on the other but the boys sneak over at night to pull pranks on the girls. I wonder if those things really existed. Anybody got any good youth camp stories?