Surefires on Backorder?

STPD2109

Newly Enlightened
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY SO MANY SUREFIRES ARE ON BACKORDER? I WANT TO MAKE MY FIRST MODERATELY PRICED FLASHLIGHT PURCHASE AND IT SEEMS LIKE DEALERS ARE WAITING FOR THEM. (NOT THE END OF THE WORLD CONSIDERING THE DISCOUNT THANKS TO THE GENEROUS DEALER AND CPF) BUT STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS A DEFINITE ANSWER?:awman:

Miracle

Enlightened
hi,

SF has been on backorder on some of the LED torch like the U2s

I have been checking from time to time

i m not sure why this is the case

:dedhorse:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is mostly due to military contracts.

SureFire's roots are in tactical sighting and lighting. They seem to be more a military lighting manufacturer who also sells to civilians than a civilian supplier that also sells to the military. Evidently the civilian sector has always taken a back seat to military/law enforcement, and still does.

Scott

Harry

Newly Enlightened
I spoke to a SF customer service person about a week or so ago. She told me that the military had bought them out and that she expected to maybe have their stock built up and available for sale during the early part of Dec. She said they were taking reservations for future product purchases.

Harry

InfidelCastro

Banned
Maybe (hopefully) they're ramping down production on models containing Lumileds LED's in favor of Cree. Or else maybe Lumileds is coming out with something just as good or better?

Surefire is gonna have a real hard time selling U2's for $250 when they don't even take 18670's anymore and have antiquated LuxV's.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
InfidelCastro said:
Maybe (hopefully) they're ramping down production on models containing Lumileds LED's in favor of Cree. Or else maybe Lumileds is coming out with something just as good or better?

Surefire is gonna have a real hard time selling U2's for $250 when they don't even take 18670's anymore and have antiquated LuxV's.

This is my guess too. Brighter stuff right around the corner.

Ken

mudhole

Newly Enlightened
Shot show's right around the corner!! we'll know soon enough.I work at a local surefire dealer and I can confirm that military contracts are hogging up all the lights.they get big huge shipments from surefire and at times our lights trickle in by twos.:awman: