CPF Chat...

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think it would be fun to have a chat group to SUPPLEMENT CPF. We could have guests once a week and everything, it still has some bugs to be worked out though and we can't work out the bugs unless everyone TRYS it out!!

Lets CELEBRATE!

When you're all caught up on CPF stuff head over to

CPF Chat

and lets try this path yet again. Put in a user name (I *think* you'll be able to use your CPF name) and hit connect. It will come up and say "Connected...please wait" so do. After a minute or so it will FINALLY dump you into the CPF room. The more the marrier and so to encourage that lets say everyone try to be there at 9:00 CPF time (Whch is Pacific last time I checked) if not earlier.

If it asks for a password,
**EDIT**P/W not necesary.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Did anyone go? I couldn't even make it to my own party...

If we can get a sucessful chat with just people than I'll work on getting a guest so to speak. Kinda like when you can chat on AOHell with Tom Cruise, only I'd have CPF heros, Peter springs to mind but I donno there are lots of people out there we could invite as guests.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep working on it, I think it would be a nice addition to CPF addiction...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I think we've more or less got the bugs worked out, just need people to come chat. Maybe I should add the link to my signature, then it would automatically be in about 1000 places on the board, or even better, Darell...no just kidding.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saaby:
Well I think we've more or less got the bugs worked out, just need people to come chat. Maybe I should add the link to my signature, then it would automatically be in about 1000 places on the board, or even better, Darell...no just kidding.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO! NO!

Don't you dare invoke the Darell protocol just yet. We may be able to salvage this effort yet......

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saaby:
Did anyone go? I couldn't even make it to my own party...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep missing it. First it was the heat. Yesterday it was a movie. Tonight I was writing updates to my website. And who knows what I'll be doing tomorrow. :-/

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok well some day it will in theroy settle down to once a week scheduled chats with it being open chat the rest the time...

BUT for a week (So lets say until 7-20) everyone try to come at 9:00 CPF time which is Pacific. The link now permanently resides on my signature so...

Empath

Flashaholic
What happened to Saaby's SpinChat? I was able to get into that quickly.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Spinchat had a few problems I thought, the main one being that you couldn't get the unsename you wanted and when you were chatting it was hard to see somone else was talking.

This chat works well. You don't have to put in bright as I thought you might have to, just a user name of your choice. When it comes up just wait. It takes about a minute on my computer, slow computer fast internet but I don't know. Just be patient with it.

So one more time

GO to the site
Type in user name of your choice, unless you register your username (Not necessary though) you don't need a password
IT will come up and say "Connected...Please Wait" when it says that do just that, wait. It is connected to the chat server but connecting to the chat room.

After 60 seconds or so (GO reply to a CPF post or something) you should be in.

Empath

Flashaholic
If you can't get the name you want, it's probably because someone else already registered it. It registered mine, and no one else could use it without my password.

I'm running broadband, and I'm still having to wait and wait for it to make the connection.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You're using a different program than you were the other night. The new one wants me to download a $50 applet before it will do anything other than displaying a grey box.
frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
WHAT!?! Since when. Let me try.

Maybe it was a freak occurence. Try again.

aso

Enlightened
I was on earlier today. I was connected and everything. The applet warning came up, I accepted and was connected in no time flat. Of course I was the only one there, which made it kind of lonely :-(

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm there NOW. I won't be there long though. If you're there hang out because right when you leave somone else mught come in. Or not

Ammeddum: Aah! Flood control! Ok, waiting...let's try...NOW

Empath

Flashaholic
When I accepted the applet, my firewall went nuts. It was asking me if I wanted to permit it to do numerous things I've never heard of. I finally told it yes for "one time". I hope I don't have to do that everytime, but I assume I will unless I grant the applet unconditional freedom.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...My firewall had no problems with it. I'M SORRY IT ISN'T WORKING
smile.gif
keep trying is all I can say.