• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: 4400 Lumens **Mag623**NEW**

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: For Sale: 4400 Lumens **Mag623**NEW**

For anyone thinking of getting this light...don't think, just buy. It's truly incredible. I bought mine two weeks ago, and I'm still giddy every time I turn it on. I never thought I'd see a light that gives my Mag85 feelings of inadequacy, but here it is. Favorite Mag623 moment so far: standing in the middle of a wide street, firing up the Mag623, and watching the road, the palm trees, and all the cars parked for the next 50 feet light up like you'd just turned on some stadium lights. Phenomenal.

My only complaint is that MadMaxabeam's now offering it with a 15.6v battery pack, and I bought mine with the 14.8v pack. Your Mag623's going to be brighter than mine! MadMaxabeam, you have *got* to remedy this problem. ;-)

Seriously, folks - I can't recommend this light enough. (And anyone who's seen my recent B/S/T activity knows I have a *lot* of lights to compare it to!).

- FITP

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

If this were any other color I'd buy it. I've got too many black M@gs. How would this compare to a M@g625R? I just built one.

abinok

Newly Enlightened

ill take it with an extra couple bulbs.

Paypal sent!
WOO HOO!!!
Id prefer black...

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Silver, Hmmm.
OK I'll take the one in silver, 2 extra bulbs and no charger.

Mag623 $245
2 Extra bulbs $10
No charger -$30
Shipping $9
Total $234

Let me know when it's ready and I'll Paypal you.

P.S. How does this compare to the M@g625?

Mad Maxabeam said:
I do have one in silver. Its wont be ready to ship until Monday.

Madmax

Mad Maxabeam

Newly Enlightened

Silver is ready to go on Firday. I think the 625 is around 2700 lumens or so. I use the 625 on my 2D very nice beam.

Crunch

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it. Paypal sent

Mag623 $245
1 spare 15.6v 1400mah battery $49
4 spare 64623 bulb $20
international USPS shipping $25
Total $339

abinok

Newly Enlightened
Re: SOLD: 4400 Lumens **Mag623**NEW**

I got my light 2 days ago... and ive been using it extensively at work. Before this light, I had been using a 6AA ROP HOLA MOP as my area light. Great throw, plenty of muscle, and just a great light.

The first time I pressed the button on the mag623, all I could do was laugh... spontaniously... for about the next 5 minutes. The amount of light that pours from the front of this light is so far beyond anything I have ever used that I can't even thing of a reasonable way to offer a comparison.
Guys have talked about stadium lights, and lighting cars for blocks away, but thats not how i see it. Pitting this light against any other light I own... ROP, or even my car's headlights is like...

Showing up at a kids watergun fight with one of those C-130 planes they use to airdrop water on forest fires.

Driving finishing nails with a crane operated wrecking ball.

Using a top fuel dragster to get groceries.

Its that excessive.

Thank you Mad Maxabeam for a great, GREAT light!!!!!

Pokerstud

Enlightened

abinok said:
I got my light 2 days ago... and ive been using it extensively at work. Before this light, I had been using a 6AA ROP HOLA MOP as my area light. Great throw, plenty of muscle, and just a great light.

The first time I pressed the button on the mag623, all I could do was laugh... spontaniously... for about the next 5 minutes. The amount of light that pours from the front of this light is so far beyond anything I have ever used that I can't even thing of a reasonable way to offer a comparison.
Guys have talked about stadium lights, and lighting cars for blocks away, but thats not how i see it. Pitting this light against any other light I own... ROP, or even my car's headlights is like...

Showing up at a kids watergun fight with one of those C-130 planes they use to airdrop water on forest fires.

Driving finishing nails with a crane operated wrecking ball.

Using a top fuel dragster to get groceries.

Its that excessive.

Thank you Mad Maxabeam for a great, GREAT light!!!!!

I think he likes it! :lolsign: Great comparisons! :lolsign:

farmall

Enlightened

Can this light be used hot off of the charger? I have a mag85 that has to rest before use and that kinda bugs me.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got my Mag623 in silver. It is quite bright. I compared it to my Mag625R. There doesn't seem to be much difference. The Mag625 does have an MOP reflector though. The Mag623 seems to have a MS.

mikebrooke

Newly Enlightened

Thank you.., from one very satisfied customer in the UK delivered efficiently, well packed with clear instructions... it's SO BRIGHT if I use it on the street here I'll probably get arrested. More power to your elbow Mad Maxabeam!!!!

abinok

Newly Enlightened

I still think my comparisons are kinda weak!!!!

Ive shown this light to 4 people who I thought might appreaciate it... and got immediate profanity from 3.

This thing will set fire to paper in just under 2 seconds. Smoke instantly.
I occasionally catch myself thinking that i wish It had more throw... untill I realize.... well... .eh me start over.
I work security at a good sized government facility.
My ROP will light the opposite side of the lake behind my work. Im guessing 300ish yds. It lights about 40-50 feet of beach with authority.
The 623 does too... only about 150yds of it at a time. Throw is almost identical, because neither will light the fence 50yds further. Putting the MOP head on this light did practically nothing to change beam shape or throw. I think you would need a bigger reflector, or maybe one of FMs 2" deep reflectors? to do much for it as far as making a spotlight out of it.

The C-130 analogy is the closest ive been able to come up with... you point this squirt gun at something, and everything in a 60 degree arc in front of you for a long, LONG way washes away in the flood.

blake711

Newly Enlightened

MAd Maxabeam any word on if you are going to produce any more of these? If so add me to the list. Paypal standing buy.

Blake