JET-I AA MK-II, 3 Stage

Miracle

Enlightened
Does any kind souls know what is the max lumens for the JET-I AA MK-II, 3 Stage?

Is the strobe effect effective?

r there any movie clips to demonstate the strobe effect?

the JET-I AA MK-II, 3 Stage can use a CR123 tube?

will it still have the strobe effect with the CR123 tube?

:huh2:

Last edited:

Lightmania

Enlightened
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/jetbeam_jet-1mk2.htm

1. that depends on battery type - see link above.
2. no idea -- but it sure get reactions from my love ones... "stop that!!", and "or I"ll break it!" :D
3. not that I know of... but I can tell you its fairly fast. think halloween strobe.
4. yes but with the accessory 123A tube
5. dont have mine yet but it should -- its a microchip-controlled light

you press the button lightly to change modes.

Lightmania

Miracle

Enlightened
hi

thank you for the info.

what is the max lumen with CR123?

what is the max lumen with normal battery?

:huh2:

Miracle

Enlightened
does any kind souls here have JET-I AA MK-II?

what is your opinion?

the strobe thingy?

havand

Enlightened
Miracle said:
does any kind souls here have JET-I AA MK-II?

what is your opinion?

the strobe thingy?

I consider strobes and SOS toy features of lights at the moment. The strobe is SOOO fast its like a rave strobe, but maybe even faster. Useless as far as i'm concerned. If it strobed much less often it would use less battery and might be useful in an emergency.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the light,I use it all the time,on a rechargable lion 14500 ,its really bright!
I dont really use the strobe ,but if needed its there.It does blink rapidly.It really has an amazing amount of output and a very white beam. I like that I can run any battery in it and the 3 levels are great.Very useful.

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
I just ordred one of these earlier this week, appears to have shipped today (hopefully can have this weekend)

I'm curious, whats the runtime on the 14500 battery? I've heard lots of people saying it's really bright, but nothing about the runtime on it. I'm probably going to run it that way, so curious what to expect (full brightness runtime, as well as total)

As for the strobe, is it comparable to a Gladius for the rate? IF so it is HIGHLY anoying and fairly effective... we do firearms training, and do force-on-force scenarios (i.e. airsoft) and we did a night fire scenario last week, I was a Bad Guy, and a couple students used the Gladius on strobe, now a blinding light is deffinately bad enough, but that strobe really wacks the eyes out, I wanted to throw rocks at them... so if it's anything close to that, I'd say it's probably pretty good... not sure really the effectiveness of a strobe, but it seemed the more a bright light was shined in my eyes, I could slowly adjust to it somewhat, but that constant on/off made it very difficult to adjust.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Willabott, can't say the runtime for the 65% and 5% but the 100% should be similar to the Jet-I first version which is about 37mins on AWs 14500 700mah.

The MkII strobe is very fast, faster than the gladius. It is annoying but from what I know, the gladius strobe is scientifically researched to strobe at a certain rate that seems to disorient most people. As for the Jet, I believe its just a randomly fast strobe.

Also, remember the reflector of the Jet is pretty small; It's harder to aim and though bright, it's still bearable (Maybe that's just me but I find the Gladius and Jet strobes don't really affect me)

Strobing is meant to use as a surprise, yeah maybe, but a 13,000 lux mag or some big reflector light suddenly turned on in your face has a similar or maybe even better effect. You can't bear to look at the light, and even trying to turn away is hard. With the Gladius or Jet, it's not really that 'scary' when you are not looking directly at it, and with such a small reflector, its very easy not to look at it directly.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guessing I get at least 45 min with lion,It all depends on how often I use low and high.

havand

Enlightened
LEDcandle said:
Willabott, can't say the runtime for the 65% and 5% but the 100% should be similar to the Jet-I first version which is about 37mins on AWs 14500 700mah.

The MkII strobe is very fast, faster than the gladius. It is annoying but from what I know, the gladius strobe is scientifically researched to strobe at a certain rate that seems to disorient most people. As for the Jet, I believe its just a randomly fast strobe.

Also, remember the reflector of the Jet is pretty small; It's harder to aim and though bright, it's still bearable (Maybe that's just me but I find the Gladius and Jet strobes don't really affect me)

Strobing is meant to use as a surprise, yeah maybe, but a 13,000 lux mag or some big reflector light suddenly turned on in your face has a similar or maybe even better effect. You can't bear to look at the light, and even trying to turn away is hard. With the Gladius or Jet, it's not really that 'scary' when you are not looking directly at it, and with such a small reflector, its very easy not to look at it directly.

The strobe is so fast, I can almost use it to see. When i shine the light out into a several acre field, it ALMOST looks like the farthest point that the jetbeam lights is constantly lit.

I would think runtime might be slightly better on the mk2 because it draws quite a bit less current (1.7-2.0A for Mk1 and something like 1.2-1.4A for Mk2) Probably gets you a few more minutes. Maybe :)

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, that's kinda what I was hoping for on the 14500.

Will be interesting to see the strobe in person, of course it's not the primary reason I bought the light, I liked the 14500 battery option quite a bit... planning on getting a fenix or 2 later, but I decided I wanted one of these first.