Going to my first gun show...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might go this weekend to the "Crossroads of the West Gunshow" at Del Mar Fair. Those of you that have experience with these shows...i have a couple of questions for you.

The main reason i want to go is to stock up on batteries for my Surefire. How much do batteries usually go for at shows like this? Am i better off just ordering online?

And lastly, how much money should i bring. I have no idea what to expect. If i see something i can use and bring to my trip to the Philippines, i might buy it. How reasonable are the prices?

bwcaw

Enlightened
I hve never been to a really big gun show, but I have been to some smaller ones here near where I live, and the prices vary. I have seen some outrageous prices, and I have seen some extremely good ones. As far as money to take, I would recommend about $5000.
You just never know what they might be selling there! I was talking about guns of course, but really if you are looking for good flashlights, and knives, take about $150 to $200, that should buy you a couple of
6p's and a nice knife to boot! Also, if the deal seems to good to be true, it is!
grin.gif

Have fun!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
LED Agent,

I see you posted on Friday and I don't if you were planning on going to the show today or Sunday.

I went to the COTW this spring at the Orange County Fairgrounds. I really wasn't looking for anything in particular but my eyes always went to flashlight displays.

I really didn't find any bargains, especially for SF products. You might run into Leach Enterprises based out of Diamond Bar who are very knowledgable and put out an organized display. Unfortunately, as a SF dealer, they were forced to raise prices along with all the other SF dealers. No deals at all. Prices were very much in line with what's on the web. Still, it's nice to fondle the goodies.

If you've never been to a COTW show, you'll have a good time although the mandatory two day admission price bites.

Bring some bucks but it really depends on what you want to buy. Beef jerky? $28/lb. Minimags? $7.50. All sorts of military stuff at all kinds of prices along with the usual survivalist stuff. If you're into firearms or military stuff, $100 should get you started but the more often you go, everything starts to look boring and all you'll need is money for kettle corn.
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never go with more than $200. Good for low cost ammo and a tee-shirt. If I brought more I might come home with a select fire G3 at a cost of about $6K. Honey, look what I got!!!!. Yea, right.

fasteddie

Enlightened
FWIW, I can remember when the only place to get surefire lights was at the gun shows.

I was living in SE Florida then, and you could pick up a surefire light, switchblade knives, have a hot dog, and get your concealed weapons permit all in one afternoon. Once you had your permit, you could buy firearms over the counter, on the spot, with no waiting period. No wonder Al Qaeda made Florida their second home.