opinions on Orb Torches

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Greetings and salutations! I'm contemplating purchasing an Orb torch. Not sure what model yet. Any opinions....good....bad....whatever would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

buttrock.gif

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience with ORB's and Rob has been exceptional! My wife and I both carry Raw NS on our keychains, and is our EDC's. They are VERY bright, and very well made. Anyone who sees us use one always says "Wow." There are many, many threads here that will confirm that Rob will always take very good care of you should something not seem right with anything you get from them. I recommend ORB very highly! :)

EM

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
It looks like that Orb is based in the U.K.?? Do they have retailers in the U.S. or do you order direct from them? They sure do have some sweet lookin' shiny things! :D

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
thanks!! The Raw NS looks real nice. Now where's my pounds to dollars conversion chart?? :D

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
_StoogeHunter_ said:
- .... .. ... / ..-. .. -. . / ..-. . .-.. .-.. --- .-- / . -- .--. .- - .... / .. ... / .- / -- --- ... - / .- -.. -- .. .-. .- -... .-.. . / .- -.. -- .. -. .. ... - .-. .- - .. ...- . / .. -. -.. .. ...- .. -.. ..- .- .-.. / .-- .... --- / .. ... / -- --- ... - / -.. . ... . .-. ...- .. -. --. / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / ..- -. --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. .. -. --. / .-.. --- -.-- .- .-.. - -.-- / .- -. -.. / -.-. --- -. ... - .- -. - / .--. .-. .- .. ... . .-.-.-

What is your attraction to Empath all about? :)

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my NS. I think it is a very well made light and love its looks. Could be regulated but I got over that. Just a great quality really small torch.

benp1

Newly Enlightened
I have a Raw with a U bin. I have to say its great. It hasn't made it quite to edc yet because i prefer my edc to be a bit thinner (aaa) and its also a bit too nice. I have a case for it so usually take it with me when i'm wearing a jacket and going somewhere i think i may need it.

Its very well made and a lovely light. Rob has great customer service. Because of the trit in it, i have it hanging from a lanyard next to my bed. Its perfect and tiny!

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I recently put in an order over the weekend for an Orb Raw. Today Rob emailed me and informed me that it would take up to ten days before he would be able to ship my new torch because they were very busy during this time of year.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine took a while to deliver but it did get there in the end. Just under a month from when I placed the order I think. He is a good communicator so it was not a long wait.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Concept for posting your experience. I am tolerant in waiting but hopefully not too long a wait. I've didn't hear any negative feedback about the company so I will be waiting patiently.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
They're excellent little torches. Check the manufacturers corner on here for some of Rob's special projects.

One thing that would bear some research before buying is whether you're happy with unprotected rechargeables (as supplied with the Ns).

HTH

Dave