Sorry

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went on a roadtrip to Hilton Head to see my brother. He was there on a business trip. I figured we had enough admins and mods to cover any problems that came up. This latest outage just shows you can't think of everything.

My email account with bigmailbox.net is toast. And they still have not replied back to me on my status. But while it is toast my host sent out warnings that they were changing their DNS servers. I, of course, did not receive my notice. So when I left on my roadtrip CPF went down again.

Fortunately for you guys I cut my trip short. I was going to stay until Sunday/Monday but decided I really don't like Hilton Head Island. Maybe when I'm older and like golf. But not right now.

So I come back and CPF does not come up. A quick call to the webhost and I find out what's wrong. 10 minutes later and the DNS is fixed. It usually takes a while for propegation. But it's less than 24 hours after the fix and I can get CPF again. With no URL tricks.

I apologize for this latest outage. I would have left my cellphone number with Brock, Al and Sasha but I don't get coverage in SC. If I go on extended leave again I'll find an internet cafe and check in every couple of days to make sure everything is ok.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
David:

Thank you. It's embarrassing to read your unnecessary apology, but it is interesting to hear what happened.

My responsibilities include IT at my company. We continue to refine software and hardware problem alarms that automatically page two of our people instantly whenever anything falls outside of defined control parameters.

You, as an individual performing your public spirited service to us, cannot be expected to maintain the same level of non-problematic up-time.

Thank you again and again and again.

Saaby

Flashaholic
David just let me know when you go to Sweeden so you can pick up a Saab for me ok.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
David...

An apology about CPF technical problems will NEVER be necessary. We will always be happy just to get whatever your fine efforts can provide to us.

The CPF, after all, is akin to the proverbial gift horse.

Best wishes to you, and thank you!

Dain

Newly Enlightened
David,

I'm new to posting here but have been lurking a long, long time. I have only appreciation for the effort you put in to maintain this board. The recent outage highlighted how many of us rely on this board for info and a quick flashaholic 'fix'. Many thanks and kudos for what you do for all of us!!!!!!
smile.gif