Nuwai QIII LED or Fenix P1????

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I would like to purchase one of these today and can't seem to decide. The Fenix looks like it is brighter, but their is a good deal going on for the Nuwai, and it looks really cool.

Anyone have experience with both?

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
Fenix P1 handsdown for compactness, better finish, and brighter light. My 2 Nuwai QIII's that I bought early 2005 have been relegated to sitting in my cars for those times when I don't have my EDC maxipedition (with about 3 other LED lights and a green laser) pack with me.

Fenix P1 is twisty switch and Q3 is clickie....

win67

Newly Enlightened
would prefer fenix p1 over nuwai qiii, but p1 is 45$, qiii You can get for under 30$. longer runtime with p1, p1 ist better regulated.

I use p1 on my keychain, wonderful light!

Jens

tron3

Banned
Ask yourself what you want. I find the QIII light is very white, which I love. Many here have modified theirs and have it give off 100 lumens. So, if modding is your thing, the QIII is great for that.

The P1 does have that blue tint, but WOW. So much light for the size. This is one time I have to say smaller is better. I run mine with an r-cr123 that tops off at 4.2v. The P1 is rated for 4v so this is safe, and you can expect 10 - 15 more lumens.

It dims as the battery weakens and falls into normal range. Then the regulator should take over to keep it at 55 lumens.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got to differ with Tron here - P1 is very white and very bright - much more so than the Q3. My Q3 is slightly greenish and does not throw nearly as far. Also the new P1's are just as bright on primaries as they are on rechargeables. Old ones were brighter on RCR's. Haven't seen any Q3's modded to 100+ Lumens either unless you are dropping in one of the new XR-E's and driving it hard (with the current bins available). I don't know if there is a good optic or reflector to fit a Q3/XR-E combe yet either. My Q3 is probably one of the dimmest 3 watt Lux's I have but it has good runtime and is a nice affordable light. If you don't have a big preference between twisty or clicky I think you'll like the P1 better.

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...sounds like the p1 is a no brainer. Thanks, guess I gotta dig deep now for a few extra bucks!

KILLER KWEEZE

Newly Enlightened
The P1 does have that blue tint, but WOW. So much light for the size. This is one time I have to say smaller is better. I run mine with an r-cr123 that tops off at 4.2v. The P1 is rated for 4v so this is safe, and you can expect 10 - 15 more lumens.

What brand of battery is that?

Can you please paste me a link to the site you got it from?

Could do with those extra lumens!!!

So, im right in thinking that you couldnt go over 4.2V?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for P1. I'm not all that impressed with my Q3. It's okay but i'd trade it for a P1
and $20 anyday. Just choose your color, if you don't like it you could sell it on the
forum's in about 15 minutes. The 1 big plus with Q3 is (and someone correct me if
I'm wrong on this) moddability. I think it has more option's for modding. But of course
that mean's more $. But the sky is the limit on CPF.

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
Stock vs. stock, the P1 will beat the Q3 hands down. Have Milkyspit work his mojo on a Q3, well that's another story.

naturelle

Newly Enlightened
matrixshaman said:
Also the new P1's are just as bright on primaries as they are on rechargeables. Old ones were brighter on RCR's.

How can I realize if I own an old or a new one?

Dirk