Chat time...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok everyone comment please...weather you chat or not please comment.

When would be a good time for you to chat, I mean we scheduled Peter from 9-10 but that was inconvienent for some international members. Please understand it's the ultimate compromise but lets see what we can do!

Plase put all times posted in 24 hour format standard time...lets see if we can get the map to come up

TimeZoneMap2000.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Ryan,
For convenience for all involved, rather than pacific time, you could refer to GMT. Radio amateurs, since they talk to an international crowd, found it best to do it that way. It's not just to make it sound official, it's just an absolute time that means the same thing to everyone. To convert from PST to GMT, just add 7 hours. When daylight savings goes away, just add 8 hours.
Twenty-four hour time is just like regular except that the 12 midnight hour is called zero hundred, and PM (1 PM to 11:59 PM) just add twelve; thus 4:00 PM would be 16:00.

If it makes it any easier, just add seven hours and call it London time.

Your chat last night was at 04:00, Sunday morning, GMT

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok here's the deal...I am using 12 hour because that's habit and I am using Pacific because it's board time and when the living clock is up it'll be a piece of cake to see what time it is Pacific. I personally am in the Mountain time zone and so I have to remember to convert everything to Pacific...

But this is all just an experiment anyway and I am open to suggestions so lets try it...What is the best time for everyone to chat, please post your choice in 24 hour format GMT...Here's a time zone map I ripped off somones website (Thanks Google!!) to help out
grin.gif

**EDIT**
Can't for the life of me get the image to come up!

**EDIT EDIT**
Ah! Got it up above..ok then

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
You'll never be able to please everyone with a international group like this. 21:00 PDT (0400 UTC) is ok...I ( for my owns selfish reasons) would like 20:00 PDT (0300 UTC)). The idea of using UTC (aka GMT) is a good idea. As a HAM operator I allready have two clocks on the desk..one local and one UTC.