Arc-P AAA wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2xblive

Enlightened
Am I the only one who wishes for an Arc-P "N?"

I really like my AAA Arc-P, it's so nice, I'm getting greedy.

For me, it would be perfect if it was shorter. The width is fine and the LED bluish tint is ok with me. So besides getting it in titanium, do any of you wish you could get it with a shorter form factor, ie an N-sized battery?

prof

Enlightened
I understand why that would be attractive, but I don't want one. I prefer the AAA because they're easy to find.

You could probably have someone customize an arc for you--millermods or milkyspit might be able to do this, or direct you to someone who can.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
+1 to prof's comments... it fits perfectly in your pocket and your hand... any smaller, and it'd get to be hard to find in your pocket if you've got your keys, your wallet, and your phone in there with it!
And as far as getting rid of the blue tint - MillerMods is the MAN!
john

h2xblive

Enlightened
I can see how a shorter Arc-P would be harder to handle, but then again, I would just keep it on my keychain.

As for runtime, 5+ hours is more than plenty for me, especially since I carry the SureFire L1 as well. As long as the Arc-P could get 2+ hours, even without a "moon mode" I'd be satisfied. Oh well, it's still a great light. :)

paulr

Flashaholic
Several people did custom N cell tails for the Arc AAA back in the day. You might post a WTB.

prof

Enlightened
Since you're carrying the L1 already, have you considered a coin cell light as a backup?

Personally I prefer the arc, but one of the main reasons I prefer it is the ability to use aaa batteries. If it's too big, maybe a coin cell light would work better.

Anyway, just an idea.

h2xblive

Enlightened
The Arc-P AAA is basically my backup when I'm carrying my L1. And since I don't carry my L1 all the time, it serves as my primary light a lot as well. It is my first and only light and therefore it can not fail.

Yeah yeah, I know it will fail eventually, but it's the best light I know of. Coin cell lights for keychains are pretty fragile when compared to the Arc.

I bought the Arc for its durability/reliability so it will always stay on my keychain.

prof

Enlightened
h2xblive said:
The Arc-P AAA is basically my backup when I'm carrying my L1. And since I don't carry my L1 all the time, it serves as my primary light a lot as well. It is my first and only light and therefore it can not fail.

Yeah yeah, I know it will fail eventually, but it's the best light I know of. Coin cell lights for keychains are pretty fragile when compared to the Arc.

I bought the Arc for its durability/reliability so it will always stay on my keychain.

I hear you! I used to have coin cell lights but they would die too often and the batteries were had to find. The arc is FAR superior. I considered all the other aaa options and selected arc as the best product. I know there are brighter lights, but the arc works when I need it--others fail.

How do you like the L1? I've been considering either than or an A2 as a larger light (unless of course Peter releases his new light soon...)

Status
Not open for further replies.