Need doghouse funds...QUICK!

lightweight

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone.:) You CPF crazies have "led" me down a path of self-destruction, now help me in my time of need! :bow: I've been a mag-man for years. I innocently browsed the web one night and guess what website I found! Got to reading, got curious and thought I would "try" a low-dollar Surefire. So...last month I got me a genuine G2. My wife and three daughters thought I had lost my mind!:thumbsdow My son...didn't bat an eye! "Cool" he said! (Good Boy!) :devil:

Fast forward to today, I ordered an L1 Lumamax, F04 Beamshaper, and a dozen batteries! :stupid: So...get me those funds very quickly because I haven't told my wifey yet and I'm trying to get a headstart on having a place to live for a few days!!! Cash, Money Order, Paypal, any method will do!!

Sincerely,:sweat:

Lightweight :thanks:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least you will have all of those mag lights to illuminate the dog-house. Maybe if you would sell some of those old mags on e-bay you could have the cash. That's what I did........sold a bunch of older lights for some newer.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might as well fix the dog house up...real comfy like...you`ll be spending a lot of time there. And don`t forget to take your computer...you`ll need it to stay on top of the latest and greatest.

Ken

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF and let me help with a little advice.

1) Don't have your lights, or anything that will get you into trouble for that matter, delivered directly to your home. Get a P.O. Box or have your flashlights shipped to a nearby friend's house.

2) Don't be too eager to show your significant other the finer points of your lights. You may just get away with her not noticing that you're sporting a new light every week. That's not going to work if your carrying a 4D cell Maglite one week and then a Surefire U2 the next. You'll have to pick a size range and stick to it if you want to try this strategy

3) Hide them, hide them, and hide them!

4) If you get caught with a drawer full of illumination tools, you could try saying:

A - They aren't yours, they are from the CPF passaround thread and you'll be mailing them on in a few days after you test them out. If she buys it, you'll need to find a better hiding spot!

B - They belong to a buddy at work who's having marital problems, and your holding them so the guy's wife doesn't find out he's a flashaholic. This means you can't use the lights around the house again without foiling your cover story, but at least you won't be bunking with Fido.

5) If you don't feel comfortable being a closet flashaholic, try getting her hooked too by buying her a few feminine looking flashlights. Perhaps a little Draco dangling off a flashy necklace or cute little animal toy that doubles as an LED flashlight.

As always, should you or any of your CPF force are caught or captured, Sasha will disavow any knowledge of your actions, and all your flashlights will end up on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. - Good luck, Lightweight

Last edited:

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Hmm, maybe if you give her one of your lights as a present, she might let you use it AND get away with buying it.:devil: Just make sure you don't let it go :poof: on her and this will work even better. This may only work once in a while so don't push it. Also nudge the wife toward CPF.

lightweight

Newly Enlightened
Well, good morning everyone. Thank you for the welcomes, and it looks like I am in the company of the "been there, done thats" and the wisdom that comes with experience! amlim, I will certainly give careful thought to BlueGerbils advise, as it may have been stated under the influence of the 'spirits' according to the smilie
smile.gif
. (Thanks BlueGerbil, hope you're feeling well this morning)
wink2.gif

I think all might work out because I do, in fact, have some unused 'stuff' and other odds & ends laying around that I am going to put on one or two sales sites today. Thanks for reminding me of the 'stuff' laying around light emitting dude!

Well, got to go start gathering my 'stuff' and see what I can do with it. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll let you know when my light comes in. Bad thing is, I'll be out of town until Tuesday night and I am fairly certain the package will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. I hate being away when a new toy, I mean, potentially life saving tool, comes in!
awman.gif

Oh yea, one more thing. Last night, before going to bed, I was looking at backpacking supplies, tents, etc.
ohgeez.gif

Lightweight.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
buy a gladius ....strobe your ol lady right off the bat...tell her if she dont like it she knows where the door is ,then to reinforce your determination strobe her at least one more time .if she comes back trying to get in good graces, all is good, or its a trap, so be safe.. send her *** packing ( dont forget to get a restraining order first before she can) leave small flashlights on the porch to see if she can be assimilated , if you are observant you can figure out if she is worthy of being your ol lady ..in the mean time stand your ground and quit being a puss, you are the king of your house.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem with selling some stuff to pay for the lights you bought is soon you need to do it again for the newer lights you bought.It is a never ending parade of buy and sell in my house oops I mean your house.:whistle:
C

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
"One mans junk is another mans treasure". I have sold alot of stuff on e-bay and am amazed on how much I get for it plus it helps to "dejunk" your house. The wife is cool with the idea and I plan to spend some of the profits for x-mas gifts for her and the kids too!! (Not to forget me)....hmmmm a new fenix P1D CE would sound like a nice gift for me!!