Text Entry/Spelling Check

bitslammer

Enlightened
macforsale said:
What do you use went posting 'stuff'?

I like to use MS Word for the dynamic spelling checks and other things it finds. To 'copy' from Word and then 'paste' into the text frame of the post page the results are a little quirky. If I 'paste' into Notepad then 'copy' from there and 'paste' the results are more predictable.

Spell checking is what I miss most.

What are the alternatives?
]

Firefox 2.0 whicn can check spelling inputed into post window on "on the fly." Once you train the dictionary it works wonders.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does FireFox 2.0 spell check work for you in the CPF Edit (post reply) windoww (no error for me)? It does not work for me...

However, FF spell check does work in other BBS system edit windows.

-Bill

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont use it so much for spell check, but I use my Gmail as its almost always a opened tab in FireFox. The main reason I use it though is cause CPF is incredibly unreliable sometimes. I will type a rather long item, forget to copy it, then hit Post, and its comes up empty. Then I have to retype it all...no thanks.

So I just type it in Gmail who is always saving what you type, then paste it over.

-C

xdanx

Enlightened
You can also download the Google toolbar for Internet Explorer. The spell check is very fast and easy.

bitslammer

Enlightened
BB said:
Does FireFox 2.0 spell check work for you in the CPF Edit (post reply) windoww (no error for me)? It does not work for me...

However, FF spell check does work in other BBS system edit windows.

-Bill

Works for me. Just right click window and select "Spell Check this field"

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much Bitslammer--fixed the problem. I missed the new right click option.

-Bill

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firefox 2.0 has spell checking and can be configured while you type.
I used to type up in a WP then paste it but that became tedious.

Fortunately Firefox has a recovery and I've had it crash while typing up a response...when I re-open it, it asks if I want to restore the previous session. It brings it right back to that moment before it crashed with my in-progress reply. :)

So far CPF has only given me server busy messages and Firefox maintains the screen till the message is accepted by the server for posting. YMMV. That has been my experience.

Latest posts