New Challenge...

bucken

Enlightened
Now that Peter is about to announce a new light soon, it must have prompted this crazy dream I had last night. It was about some new challenges for yet another new light.

I'll try to remember as much as I can, but it was something like this:

I would like to see a light which is capable of the following:

1. The light should be contained in a handsomely-machined, and durable, metal case. Titanium would be nice, although not absolutely required.
2. Light output should be capable of varying from as low as 1 lumen, up to a maximum of at least 500 lumens (if only for brief periods).
3. Of course, the beam must be infinitely focus-able from an extremely tight beam (think laser) to a 180 degree surround floodlight.
4. A small, electronic switch on the side should perform the following functions:
a. Press once to turn ON, press again to turn OFF.
b. Push switch forward to increase brightness; Push rearward to lessen.
c. Push switch to left to narrow focus; Push to right to widen.
5. A self-contained power supply or fuel cell should be capable of maintaining near full brightness for at least 4 hours. Of course, lower light levels would extend the time significantly.
6. The light should be white so as to ensure accurate color rendition. An optional feature might be an additional function of the switch which, when rotated, would adjust the beam color throughout the entire spectrum, including both UV and IR.
7. It should be completely self-contained and portable (think cigarette lighter size), and should not get too hot when used for extensive periods.

Since these requirements are very basic and fundamental (not even considering flashing, strobing, or write-your-name-in-light capabilities), it should also go without saying that the cost must be kept low enough so that every CPF member could easily afford to own several.
xyxthumbs.gif

Are we missing anything?

-bucken-

Saaby

Flashaholic
What about the network jack in the side that allows you to hook up a laptop anywhere for high speed internet access?