Seattle's Seafair Torchlight Parade

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Seattle\'s Seafair Torchlight Parade

Anyone from my area go to this? It's a large parade that runs at this time every summer. Attendance is approximately 0.3 million people, and it passes within 3 blocks of my front door. As usual, I picked out a viewing spot on a closed street about an hour beforehand, then chose another, closer one at the first opportunity. Works every time. Soon as I start seeing that folding chair being folded and blankets being bunched up, I stalk that spot like a vulture and swoop in as soon as it's open.
smile.gif

It's yet another public event I've lasered with a green laser pointer. First, I nailed the side of a chuck wagon as it went by, then later on, lasered a large, white, star-shaped balloon several times over a ten minute period. By tapping the head or butt of the pointer with two fingers, crude lissajous patterns can be generated. The last long shooting illuminated the balloon from about half a mile downrange. People were pointing at it but had no clue as to what the piercing bright green spot was or where it was coming from.
smile.gif

Some of you might remember that I also lasered the city's Christmas tree lighting ceremony last year, after the tree failed to light at the appointed time; and again when the Bon Marche star also pooped out as soon as the mayor threw the switch.
grin.gif

Note that I only shoot at inorganic material, and only then when there is no possibility of the beam being intercepted by somebody's face or by an aircraft in the background. I'm quite careful and selective at what I illuminate with that thing.
smile.gif