Need HID info on Brightstar 24 w HID & website seller

Novo

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used Brightstar 24 W HID and has anyone dealt with the web site <HIDXTRA>COM>? If so, how fast are they in filling an order and, are they legit???:rant:

mobilehid

Newly Enlightened
From what I read on here that site was created by someone who started an account here and then left or was banned/deleted.

Not surprising though, a lot of people on here are somewhat closed minded.

What's more interesting is how I have 2 AE lights PL24's in my house and I didn't go through a distributor. :) I get them before AE even gets them. Haha!

Novo

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I don't know if you are giving me some info on the Brightstar or just answered the wrong thread

NAW

Enlightened
Out of curiousity why would you want to get a Brightstar?

Get youself the Helios :grin2: :rock:

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
Hey, the man wants some infos about the Brightstar, not HELIOS, AE PL24, whatever- this is a bump for you, Novo, let`s hope you get the information you want :bumpit:

NAW said:
Out of curiousity why would you want to get a Brightstar?

Get youself the Helios :grin2: :rock:

Novo

Newly Enlightened
Why the Helios???? What's the difference between Brightstar & Helios? I'm looking for a 24 W HID? I'm certainly open to suggestions. I don't want to make a decision strictly based on price, so any input would be appreciated.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I would be curious to also know if someone has dealt with this company? I always am suspicious when you cant obtain a contact # or address. I have a AE PL24 that is about the same type of light and priced about the same range. As far as the helios go its in a much higher price range. Hope someone answers your question, I am curious too.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Brightstar 24 watt on long term loan from a friend. I use it when comparing with other lights. The ELektrolumens K2 Stunner is a more useable light for my purposes. The Brightstar has a 7,000K bulb that is REALLY blue. For sheer light output a good Mag85 kit is much cheaper and brighter in terms of overall light output.
I will say I prefer a wider beam that is bright then a tight hotspot that has a dim corona.

The link below is for the Stunner Review I did. There are also photos and light output measurements for a Brightstar and numerous other lights.
You will be able to see if the Brightstar will meet your needs.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/132040

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Novo

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks, Many thanks for the input. Kenshiro's analysis & photos did the trick. I appreciate the input. apparently AE is the way to go (or ACRO). Novo:goodjob:

NAW

Enlightened
Novo said:
Why the Helios???? What's the difference between Brightstar & Helios? I'm looking for a 24 W HID?

The only difference I know is the Helios is much more expensive.

And its 4000 lumens compared to Brightstar's 1850 lumens.
(Although I'm pretty sure the 1850 lumen claim is BS) :)

Last edited: