Need A Bit Of Advice:

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I need a bit of basic advice on selecting a light. I really need a light to read by, but also one that will be handy in an emergency. I travel lots and often find that hotels don't provide reading lamps right where I want them.

So, basically, I want something that I can carry comfortably in my pocket -maybe even keyring sized -use a single AA battery (have found them most available when traveling and also same size as batteries in other equipment that I carry) and just powerful enough to provide a good reading light.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>just powerful enough to provide a good reading light. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately this may not be the easiest request to fulfill... How powerful a light you need depends on several factors, but mostly how dark the environment will be and how bad your eyes are. If you'll be reading in a fairly dark room, a ARC AAA will work well. I know this isn't AA, but it is very "pocketable". A great little light.

An Arc LS with the 1 AA battery pack should work well, if not better because of it's brighter output.

If you're eyes are good and you don't mind a dimmer light, the AA Infinity will work as well.

In order of brightness the Arc LS is first, the Arc AAA second and the Infinity, third.

I can't think of any other single AA battery lights other than the ones I mention, above.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The CMG Infinity may work well for you, although the AAA ARC is brighter. The CMG Infinity comes with a pocket clip that could be used to clip onto a baseball cap (if you wear one). Visit the LED museum. There is alot of information there on LED flashlights.The LED Museum

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
Anyone here ever try to read several chapters, consecutivly, whilst holding a light in your hand? It's INCREDIBLY inconvenient. Sure, there's ways to rig it up, but I'd reccomend something like the Princeton Tec Aurora (for the same price as an Arc AAA)
tongue.gif
It straps to your noggin and makes a fabulous reading light, and it's got selectable brightness settings! It's super compact as well, making it easy to pack in your luggage or pocket. I've had one for nearly 2 months now, and it's my favourite of all 12 headlamps I own.

Cheers!