Butter n Pumpkin

FASTCAR

Banned
Long time reader...First time poster

Stopped a crime a few days ago on a walk.1Am with a few to many BRIGHT lights.This is another story.How does this relate to CPF?

When 8 cops rolled up they wanted to know all about our collection of lights.PL24s several wolfeyes several surefires and a strion.All the cops said they liked gadgets and cool lights.So showed off all 12 or so the three of us had.
:touche:

Well typical of local cops here they wanted to "battle" VS our lights.All but 1 had 7-9 year old streamlight stinkers.At first they laughed at the EDC60 and L4..till i clicked them on.Went through them all 1 by 1 with the usual throw and total output numbers.HIDs shocked them the most though.

They all took notes on lights they liked and asked MANY questions.They also wanted websites to learn and buy.

B4 we left 1 cop wanted to battle my pl24 with his 9 year old badly worn stinker.He said "my god thats the most white/blue thing i have ever seen...like a UFO.

After all the talk about beam shapes/color/stats the last cop asked to describe the beam of his Streamlight Stinker.

My answer : I can't believe it's not butter
My jerky friends answer : I would say pumpkin color
Friend #3 answer : Is it even turned on yet?

Now every cop that passes us on nightly walks has light questions. The refer to us as "The light guys"

So the next time some person is showing off a crappy light...just say " I can't believe it's not butter" or ask if they smell pumpkin pie

Mikeg23

Enlightened
A Streamlight stinger is not a bad light at all and as long as the batteries weren't as old as the lights they should have kept up with your 2 cell Surefires and Strioin.

The PL24 looks like a cool light, but it serves a different purpose. Maybe something that could be left in the car.

Glad you got the chance to show them your lights though. Maybe it will lead them to buying something that will make their job easier.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work for the sheriff's dept and I can say there are a lot of us that like flashlights......espically when you can buy them on your clothing allowance!! When working the evening/night shifts, flashlights are a very important tool. Have showed off a few of mine too!

Oh and welcome to this site.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
A good flashlight is a necessary tool, ESPECIALLY if your life, someone else's life, or crime is involved!! It could certainly add some time on this earth to your current status! :D

Nice post, I can't believe the lights that some public officers carry! They wouldn't carry a "Saturday Night Special" for a weapon or a cheap quality set of handcuffs - why skimp on other tools?

=-> :thumbsup: to "The Light Guys"

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. Have any modded Mags with you? Whip out a 1.5D Mag18 (or one of Mac's 1D versions!) or 3D Mag85, and then you'll really blow them away! I know the PL is probably more impressive, but the incognito-ness of the modded Mags will sure to be a surprise.