Free internet access

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hey I am going to be on vacation for about 5 days...I need some dialup access. I don't think that 10 hours per month (Juno, Netzero) will be enough but 20 would be more than enough. My grandma has access if I run out of time I suppose but I wanted to be able to sit in the basement and use my laptop etc. etc. Any suggestions?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok I got Netzero but use BOTH Juno AND Netzero?? How does THAT work??

InTheDark

Enlightened
Wow, I thought I was the only one still using both of these. You can sign up for both accounts, but it's basically the same company giving the service. Netzero gives you 10 free hours, Juno doesn't specifically say how many hours they give, but they ususally cut off your service after about 5-10 hours and you can usually only stay connected about 45 minutes at a time. The good thing is that you can just delete your Juno account and sign up under a different name as many times as you want. It's a pain in the ***, but if you only need it for one week then it's great.

aso

Enlightened
What service do you have now? Do they offer local access numbers in your grandmothers area?

You could log in using your current account using a local number in your grandmothers area.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I use ATT Broadband cable...no dialup. I think I'll be ok with 10 hours I'll just check my eMial and CPF once a day in the evening. Probably can't spend too much time in chat but we'll see how things go.

Reading the website I got the impression Juno and Netzero would only give you 10 hours per phone number, do you just have to put in fake information?

**EDIT**
Guess it doesn't matter much, I can use her computer if I run out of time. I was just trying to keep use of her computer minimal.

aso

Enlightened
You mean they don't give you a backup dialup account for when you are on the road or if the broadband connection fails? That sucks
frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think they do but it's like 4 hours or something. They're trying to sell their "Prepaid" internet access for times like these.