Can I get some LEADLIGHT 105 POT MOD HELP?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Should be so easy! But Im having difficulty!

I pop the buttom off and (meticulously) widened the small hole through the plastic...

Problem is.. when I stick my screwdriver in I have to put it at a slight angle to reach the pot. Im not sure if its making contact. Even if it is I'm thinking the tip of my philips is too thin to grip the "crossthreads. I'm not getting any resistance and nothing is turning. I can't see because the shaft is too thick.

Anyway, I tried using an exacto knife and I can actually see myself making contact with one of the little grooves but when I apply force the thing wont budge. I read that someone actually broke there pot off while trying to turn it so I'm very afraid to try too hard. Any suggestions? Anyone else have difficulty turning it?

I just want to try it ever so slightly (I really dont want to effect the overall quality or life of it).

Thanks

Last edited:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Hey, you'd be suprised how many people are suprised there is a search function... :grin2: :candle: Need to have some bells and whistles on that beast sometimes... :lolsign:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
EsthetiX said:
Do you REALLY think I haven't seen that thread yet???

Yes, of course, as this is the normal behaviour of 95% of all new members and even some older ones. :rolleyes:

bernhard

dr_lava

Enlightened
If you can't enlarge the hole to make good contact, you're going to have to pull the cap and laser module out and work on it out in the open.

dr_lava

Enlightened
EsthetiX said:
aww CRAP! was it easy?

It's easy to cut yourself with the prying blade that you have to slide around th seam.

It's easy to make the outside of your nice new pointer look like crap.

It's easy to damage the legs of the laser diode by torqing the board.

But, the good news is, if you can work with your hands and be careful, it's not too hard to do it right. :grin2: You'll never know untill you try.