Met a fellow Surefire owner on Wednesday!

Chris201W

Enlightened
Every Wednesday night, I shoot in a competitive .22 pistol league. This past week, I noticed a shooter on the other team with a KL4 head sticking up above his pants pocket. I went up to him and asked him, "Hey, is that an L4 you've got?" He showed it to me and we talked for a few minutes. He said he really liked his L4, but it was, in his words, "all or nothing." At that point, I showed him my A2. He said he really liked the two stage operation. I told him if he wanted a light similar to his L4 on high, but with a low mode, he could get an L2. He asked if he could just get the head to replace his KL4, but I explained that the KL4 has the circuitry in the head, whereas the L2 has the circuitry in the body, so it wouldn't work.

We also talked briefly about Surefire's warranty. He said the clickie on his L4 broke, and he got a replacement from Surefire. I explained that Surefire has been having some amount of problems with that specific tailcap, but they're always happy to replace broken ones.

It's always exciting to meet another Surefire owner who appreciates their lights!

P.S. His L4 has the most beautiful white, no-donut hole beam I've ever seen.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Very cool story, and I agree it is nice to meet someone who appreciates Flashlights.

I also agree that the L4 is a fine Flashlight and am pleased I was able to get a McE2s Two Stage Tailcap for it a couple years ago.

Thanks for sharing,
John

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I have not met anyone yet. I am all alone. This forum is the only place that I got to talk about Torches.