My Fenix AAAx1 Cree XR-E wish list!

osalsa

Newly Enlightened
I never gave serious thought to a single AAA work light until getting the Fenix LOP SE, and am now totally taken with it! I am a commercial (corporate) pilot by trade, and through the years have used Mini Mags and small led lights from a neck lanyard. The LOPSE does great, and the prospect of doubling its performance really gets me going!

Using a flashlight in the cockpit most often means holding it my mouth while I use both hands for something else. Putting it in my teeth and turning it on with one hand works very well most of the time. Problem is, the most frequently used illumination level is close the the 4.5 lumen low setting of the LOPSE (ideal!), and that means having to switch it twice most times I use it. Levels much brighter that 10 lumens are way too much for normal tasks in the nighttime cockpit, not to mention many other dark settings. I would love to be able to start with the lowest brightness level, and select a brighter beam when needed. The beam pattern of the LOPSE is close to ideal, with a reasonably tight focus and a good spillbeam.

If that were it, many AAAx1 lights would serve my purpose. But it's the potential for throwing a really bright beam to check the wing leading edges for ice (when the normal ice light fails, which is often) and other similar tasks that make me excited about the Cree XRE. That and its great efficiency, of course. To have a light as small and unobtrusive as the LOPSE that would provide normal low illumination AND considerable brightness would be a dream. Just don't make me cycle through one or more brighter levels to select the low level! And make sure the lowest level is truly low. Now THAT would make a very versatile light for me!

Of course, it's just my $.02....!

Jim

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I just bought one of these. I hope I like it.. EVEN more so I hope they don't come out with a better one right after having purchased this one! haha. That's the only reason I avoided the p1 right now and went with the l0p SE!

LowTEC

Enlightened
and next thing you know, they will come up with a L0D CE the next day :lolsign: