who will be left to villinize after Iraq?

papasan

Enlightened
just to get started off on the wrong foot. i saw a bumper sticker yesterday that made me smile...'there is no government like no government'.

big business running this country is bad enough, 1% of the population reaping (raping?) 99% of the rewards, but now we have to bomb everyone as well? if you don't think like we do we will wipe you off the face of the earth? bah. the older i get the more it saddens me what happens--and in my name! being a tax payer in america--because these a$$holes have to wave their d!cks around to see who's is bigger.

so who thinks we need to bomb the crap out of yet another country, leaving un-exploded ordanence and vaporized spent uranium shells and god knows what else, because they disslike us hypocritical yankees? aren't we just digging our hole deeper, forcing more of the world to turn against us? how far can we take this scenario before this downward spiral comes to a crash?

70 billion dollars to invade Iraq. they toss our money around like it has 'monopoly' written on it. but i'm sure northrup grumen and TRW and the like have absolutely no qualms about this. i read a statistic the other day that stated 85% of our tax money goes to cover the cost of managing the money! only $0.15 from every dollar goes to actually paying for the program it was intended! jesus. the most inefficient, wasteful, largest, most spending organization on the planet. how long can this last?

i dunno...it just gets me so ticked off when i start thinking about it.

we fund the isreal nation with money and arms to go into jeruselem and kick the palestines out, but when they defend themselves in the only way they are able we shake our finger at them and say 'naughty'.

we train osama bin laden to be a terrorist then get surprised when he uses his new skills! (but then, i'm still not convinced that this was an unknown)

don't get me wrong, i'm not anti-american. this is a great country and was founded on good principles. i just think it's time for an overhaul of the system and an ousting of all these immoral a$$holes that are wrecking it.

i'm just tired of big brother and i don't want my son growing up in a police state.

tygger

Enlightened
its always easier to spend someone else' money i suppose. about the iraq thing, i don't know if going to war is the best thing or not. it could be but maybe not. there's really no way for anyone to tell because we haven't been given enough information about the whole thing. if you just ask the people what they would prefer, given enough information, instead of only giving out select information supporting attack we might just decide its the right thing to do. then again, maybe not. the political structure is insulting our intelligence by not giving out more facts and information. given the facts, who knows, we might just agree with them.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think what is really pushing the government into taking military action is the prospect of iraq and possibly other lets say unfriendly countries developing and using weapons of mass distruction.

I appreciate the general public aren't given enough information to know the true threat level that exists, and things may be hyped up a little by the government to justify any action being taken but when you think about it a simple school chemistry lab could produce some very nasty biological material so what could a country with money and resources make ???

Also if they have already or manage to procure any radioactive material, a so called dirty bomb the size of a briefcase could cause a lot more loss of life than was seen on September 11

You can even find plans to build a nuclear device on the internet !

So although myself and probably most other people don't want another war, it may turn out to be the only way to make the world a safer place.

(We are getting the same hints of imminent military action from our government in the UK)

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The world should learn from us folks at CPF, It would be a friendlier (and much brighter) place
wink.gif