Black Diamond Gemini Headlamp

tygger

Enlightened
just bought a BD Gemini headlight with a xenon bulb and a very bright LED built into the reflector. it seems like a really great light and the LED is really bright. its almost too bright. anyone know how overdriven it is? i'm only asking because the instructions say it is non-replaceable. if anyone has one i'd love your opinion. or even if you don't have one and have heard any negative/positive news. haven't seen it reviewed on craig's site. thanks.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
to a true modder nothing is unreplaceable
wink.gif
really i wouldnt worry. no company save turbospyder is dumb enough to create and sell a self destructing light. besides i only have heard good things about the gemini. btw have ya stuck an led in the icand place yet?

Chuen

Newly Enlightened
Since you already got the headlamp, why don't u measure the current draw from the battery with a multimeter? The current draw from the battery always equals to the current passes thru the LED, provided that no voltage regulation is used. We would love to see the result.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

my Turbospyder has been working fine for years...(you're not supposed to use it in 'Turbo' mode for more than, I forget, a minute?, or something...) pocket size and bright-(er, in turbo mode) than a Lightwave 4000!