Civictor stainless steel

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just found an interesting thread on Shoudian.com about the Fenix Civictor stainless steel edition. It's the same as the Civictor except for these things :
- body and head made of stainless steel
- it has a LuxIII T-bin LED
- it has 5 modes (medium, low, high, strobe, SOS)
- can run on 14500 li-ion cells for increased output (32-12-80 lumen)
- price around 700-800 yuan (89-102US$)

Source on http://www.shoudian.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=27&ID=26695 , translation on http://www1.worldlingo.com/SH0gfCf2o9dPOUvxK0_J0rczLRCtgfnxp/translate .

Cheers!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clicky tailcap.
icon8.gif

CFU

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
the video link does not work with firefox 2. It works ok with iexplorer.

I am interested in Cree version if that was possible.

fly888

Newly Enlightened
glire said:
That video seems to show two lights. A L1 like (clickie) and a V1 like (twistie).

No, the 1st one is Civictor CR -- stainless (clickie), another is L0D (twistie).

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible that any of us will not be bankrupt by the end of next year?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who is fairly certain that neither of those lights was a Civictor? The first one looked like a stainless steel L1 (IIRC, rare, but was available from Fenix in the beginning) judging from the shape of the head, body and last but not least, the clickie. The other one looked like a L0p. Both with new circuits/features like levels,strobe and SOS.

myk

Enlightened
Have to remember the old Civictor is "not made by fenix". The new Civictor could be a "fenix l1d-CE" also "not made by fenix", but in the design of the L1.. series, no?

eg. There was an old Lincoln-Mercury Zephyr:
cary-mercury.jpg

it was very boxy - unsleek if you will

Then there was the Ford Fusion:
250px-2006_Ford_Fusion_%28US%29.jpg

And Lincoln-Mercury wanted to reuse their old name of Zephyr

So now we have:

250px-2006_Lincoln_Zephyr.JPG

Sure, it's just a shined up ford fusion, using the name of their old product, but it works, and people will buy it

=)

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who is fairly certain that neither of those lights was a Civictor?

Lobo, it actually has Civictor etched on it...but I don't consider it a "true" V1 because V1's are twisties and this special edition or whatever it is most certainly ain't a twisty - Very disapointing IMO.

CFU

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
Lobo, it actually has Civictor etched on it...but I don't consider it a "true" V1 because V1's are twisties and this special edition or whatever it is most certainly ain't a twisty - Very disapointing IMO.

CFU

Oh, that explains it. But you have to agree that it still looks like a L1? The indentations on the body, long head etc.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
But you have to agree that it still looks like a L1? The indentations on the body, long head etc.

Absolutely - It may be a "Civictor" in name, but it most definately does not look like a "V1" - It looks far more like an L1 (as you have said).

CFU

damon

Newly Enlightened
the rare fenix L1+
fenix%20l1+%204.JPG

Civictor stainless steel

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
so is civictor gonna be like a spin off brand of fenix or something?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW that looks really nice, but I don't think I will be buying it because the lack of a Cree. If this had a cree it in it would be awesome!