Any have personal experience with SL TL-3 LED?

Acropolis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the responses to my previous post asking about which light is best. I think the final answer is that I am going to need (ok, want) multiple lights.

Does anyone have personal experience with the Streamlight Task Light 3 watt LED light? How bright is it compared to a 2AA mini Mag (that's what I am used to). How far will it project a reasonable beam?

Thanks,
Acropolis

Paladin

Enlightened
The TL-3 LED has a 5 watt Lux, and is renowned for its poor throwing ability. But for illuminating a wide area out to 25 yards or so they are fine. Somewhat overpriced, but one example spent several hours riding my M4 carbine during hot and heavy range sessions under mid-day West Texas summer conditions without failure.

The 2L3W Tasklight has a 3 watt lux and is regulated and driven HARDER than the TL-3 LED. The central hot spot is very tight, about 1/4 the area of the TL-3 LED, and throws well, accompanied by very useful side spill. Kind of long for a 6 volt light, but quite useful having High and Low modes. Personally I would recommend the 2L3W over the TL-3 LED.

Paladin

arty

Enlightened
I have the 2L 3w tasklight. It throws well, and has a usable spill. As the previous poster said, the spot is very tight and this permits the long throw. I also like the two levels. The switch is nice, but harder to use with gloves than a momentary switch on a Surefire. Gloves work if they are not too loose and large - on your hands.

Light output on low is useful.

I prefer the output (wider spot) from a Surefire 6P with a 3W B&G LED module, but the 2 levels of the Streamlight are more useful for me. I got the Streamlight for $54 delivered from Amazon - a good deal.