Some cool lights

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some pictures of a show we did recently the lighting was really cool. The four spot lights you can see are called Space Cannons they are 7000 watts each. The lighting on the dome was done with 10 Mac 2000's.
P7240039.JPG

P7250044.JPG
P7250055.JPG
P7250060.JPG
P7250062.JPG
P7250065.JPG

Saaby

Flashaholic
Awesome stuff...now, tell me when I can expect to see that stuff (The lighting stuff, not the dancers
wink.gif
) in public school to play with
wink.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think public schools will be getting moving lights anytime soon. What you should do when you're old enough and need a job, instead of going to Mc D's or something like that get a job working in the shop of a local lighting company. We hire young people all the time for shop work.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by jtivat:
I don't think public schools will be getting moving lights anytime soon. What you should do when you're old enough and need a job, instead of going to Mc D's or something like that get a job working in the shop of a local lighting company. We hire young people all the time for shop work.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We'll see, I am working at the racetrack now, bot mostly because their season ends about a month after school starts. If my work load (at school) is light maybe I'll go looking for the light
grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, do you work in the industry? I thought a remember reading that someone in here did but I could not remember who it was.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, he sure does.

But since Brock was promoted to heady heights,
smile.gif
I think he mostly drives a desk now, sadly remembering the days when he actually used to do the lighting/sound work.
frown.gif

Still, he gets to go to a lot of the trade shows.
grin.gif

Jahn
wink.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL lightlover
wink.gif

Yes I do. I was house audio over in Green Bay (Weidner Center) at a 2000 seat roadhouse. We did just over 300 events last year, yes 300 in one venue.

It is true I am now the TD over here for all the non Broadway events (week run of yellow card shows), about 200 "one nighters" a year. So I am in charge of the house crew and all that goes along with that, getting the shows in and out in one day and another one in and out the next.

Do you go to LDI? I am making my reservations right now. The display you did looks like the display at the one in Phoenix a couple of years ago.

I just asked because we are looking for another large audio rental house. We use Clearwing out of Milwaukee right now, but a good backup is always nice. We usually rent the larger V-Dosc systems, the smaller stuff we can do ourselves.

The other thing we usually rent is a good projection system. We can only get about 10,000 lumen projectors around here, or its a call Chicago for some Barcos.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I do go to LDI not every year, and it's been a few senses I was there. I was at the phoenix one but a don't remember a display like that but that had to be four or five years ago. The show I go to every year is InfoCom it has more of the products we use and a projector shoot out. As far as sound goes we do not do large venue stuff , we use a local Company for the big stuff. We have a lot of EV stuff like the 1122 Delta Max and X-Array which work great for ballroom gigs. Video is our strong point we do a lot of I-Mag and projection also a lot of production work. We have over 30 projectors in stock ranging from 1000 to 12000 Ansi Lumens. There is a Company out of Indiana we work with that does a great job and has V-Dosc called Mid America Light and Sound. As far as projection goes your best price and service on projectors would be American High Tech Rentals they are wholesaler and do not rent to end users so I would think they would rent to you, they have a large range of projectors. If you want more info I can e-mail you.

Brock

Flashaholic
The display in Phoenix was on some water "balls" right out in front as you walked in. Most of the convention they just had colored lights & gobo's on them, but one night they were running video on them, pretty cool, the display above just reminded me of that. I am sure the display you did was MUCH larger then that one.

We have had Mid America come in a couple of times. Pretty good bunch of guys.

Do you sell projectors? We are currently looking to upgrade our old Sony 3 gun 600 lumen unit. We want something about 3000 to 4000 range, single lens, svga input... We are trying to stay under $10,000 or purchasing gets messy. Any suggestions?