P1D or P1D CE ?

What will be your first choice - P1D or P1D CE ?

• P1D

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • P1D CE

Votes: 271 81.1%
  • none, I'll wait eg. for L1D CE, L2D CE

Votes: 56 16.8%

• Total voters

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
What happened to the CPF Moto of buy em both? I'll probably get the P1D CE and when the L1P CE comes out I'll definitely buy one of those too. Gotta have a backup right?
lolsign.gif

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted CE because I'd want one eventually anyway, but I may wait to see what the L1D looks like and how it performs.
Or I might just wait and see what others come out with. Somebody may have a better switch (read: momentary button like Surefire L1/A2). I rigged a Peak with the momentary switch to work that way and my P1 is sequential too, like an Orb. Now I just want an XR-E for a 2-5 lumen low and 100+ lumens high.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This poll is like going into a sexoholics anonymous meeting and asking if they would rather pay $50 for sex with the girl of their dreams or $45 for sex with the girl of their dreams from last year... All will drop the first $50 bucks but most will end up leaving the meeting down $95...

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone said:
This poll is like going into a sexoholics anonymous meeting and asking if they would rather pay $50 for sex with the girl of their dreams or $45 for sex with the girl of their dreams from last year... All will drop the first $50 bucks but most will end up leaving the meeting down $95...

That is one of the most graphic, yet eerily accurate analogies I have ever read.

owenbright

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering what use the lux version of this light is.
From what I've been reading Cree's are supposed to cost less than the Luxeon
counterpart.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really looking forward to the Cree XR-E flashlights - and am really glad that Fenix is one of the first to go into production.

To see a sort of "preview" of what a L1T with Cree and a RCR123 driven P1D CE - are (possibly) going to be like,
please click on this review thread in the CPF Reviews section -

Cree XR-E in Fenix L1/2T (vs. UWAJ, stock)

the opening post #1 is a comparison with lots of beamshots of a Cree XR-E mod L1/2T head on CR123 body using 3.7V Li-Ion rechargeable RCR123 to show the Cree's potential, and this may be close to a Fenix P1D CE if it can take RCR123.

In Post #15 I've compared the lights using the L1T bodies and a single NiMH rechargeable AA battery - so this would possibily be "close" to a L1D CE(?)

In both cases I've used a Fenix P1 on primary CR123A as a sort of control reference light.

Bookmark the review link - Cree XR-E in Fenix L1/2T (vs. UWAJ, stock) - as I intend to do more combinations and battery types - since the L1/2T head can fit on 3 different - 1xAA, 2xAA and CR123 bodies.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm holding the wallet for the competition. Especially USA made competition...

I'm dying to see what great surprises Streamlight, INOVA or Princeton Tec might be hiding from us... Not to mention Surefire or HDS!
:popcorn::whistle:

Nothing against Fenix, I own one but... I'll let the guinea pigs test the new models first ( Lets see how many DOA's and defective ones will come on this first batch:laughing: ).

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
P1DCE here to replace my pocket P1 or Orb ha.

But I expect I'll have an L2DCE when/if they come out to replace the modded L2T in the car ... and still find room L0DCE for the keychain to replace the MM L0P.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depend's on price's. Even with all the scuttle around about the Cree I still don't
know much about it. I'll wait for some review's.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
owenbright said:
I'm wondering what use the lux version of this light is.
From what I've been reading Cree's are supposed to cost less than the Luxeon
counterpart.
But I'm sure they will claim the Cree costs more because it took extra work to replace the LED and reflector... the emitter was in short supply... it took extra time to design... was more manual labor... etc.
But the two most important reasons it will cost more:

2) So they will actually sell the Luxeons they have...

and

1) Because they can. There is more demand (witness this poll), so they can charge more.

dg

Newly Enlightened
What's all this talk of one or the other?

You can't be a die hard LED freak if you don't get both
:p