PT Eos redesigned for 2006?

utidcapaco

Newly Enlightened
anyone.gif

REI Outlet has the Princeton Tec Eos on sale for $30. They specify that it's an "'05 Closeout." Does anyone know whether this model is different from the current ('06) model, and if so, how? Thanks!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! I haven't heard of any new plans for the EOS from PT, but there is a new LED that is making a lot of waves, the Cree XR-E. Perhaps Shot Show next year will give us some answers. :)

Last edited:

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
the new EOS is called the EOS XR-E
* intergreted headlamp
* 2xCree XR-E with reflectors (aprox. 160 Lumens <each running at 350ma>) and a bare RED luxIII right inbetween the two cree's (for night adapted eyes and low light levels and perfect flood)
* running off of any 1xAA ([.9v-4.2v]: 14500, nimh, lithium, alk)
* 90g....

:nana:

Last edited:

utidcapaco

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the welcome and the replies. Based on this info, perhaps I'll hold off until the new model is available. Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed PT a few weeks ago begging them to make an XR-E model but have not heard anything from them. It probably wouldnt take much of a change to their current design to put one in if they mounted it on a copper star shaped heatsink, and I don't think an XR-E optic would need to be any bigger....

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
jar3ds - Not funny. If I was a mod, you'd be outta here for toying with our emotions! :nana: :wave: (Just kidding)

Skeeterbytes

Newly Enlightened
Despite all the leg-pulling there's an actual answer, which is that the body colors were changed, otherwise it's the same as a 2006 Eos. Save some cash and get a "collector's item" at the same time!

--Rick

utidcapaco said:
anyone.gif

REI Outlet has the Princeton Tec Eos on sale for $30. They specify that it's an "'05 Closeout." Does anyone know whether this model is different from the current ('06) model, and if so, how? Thanks!

utidcapaco

Newly Enlightened
:stupid:
Thanks Rick. I feel a bit sheepish. As you can tell, I'm a little late to the game. In past years, I have purchased PT Auroras as gifts for family members, but I'm just now contemplating my own first headlamp. After a bit of research, I narrowed my choice down to the PT Quad, EOS, and the Petzl Tikka XP. After reading the forum here and elsewhere, I think the Quad will suit me best (incidentally, REI has them on sale for $20). It will mostly be for general use (camping, hiking, hunting, some dark slot canyons, emergencies, etc.). Anyway, thanks Rick for the heads up and all for the great info on this forum.

Brent

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I must say that I think that the Princeton Tec EOS Headlamp is one of the best investments I've made.

I might need to get one for my Step Dad, as I think it would come in most handy for him.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
jar3ds - Not funny. If I was a mod, you'd be outta here for toying with our emotions! :nana: :wave: (Just kidding)

jch79 :xyxgun:

:laughing:

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I like getting a deal on "last years" model. Just got my EOS today and I really like it. My PT Aurora is also very easy on those little AAA cells but the EOS is much brighter, just a tic heavier and I like the switch better than the Aurora. I was happy with the Aurora until..... "Hey, the 5 star rated one is ON SALE!" :grin2:

Ken