can a kl1 safely run on a r123?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi all well today i got in my kl1/vital gear body combo and well im pretty impresed with hte light i guees i was a little dissapionted at the out put. but i was wonering is it safe to runa kl1 on r123? or do i run the chance of blowing the head?

thanks for your help.

David Miller

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought someone asked SF about this a while back and was told the KL1 could handle up to 4 primaries. Don't quote me on that though....

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Go for it.......

I have 3 KL1s that I run with E1e bodies on protected rechargeable 123's. The cells cut out at 2.7V.

If you go with unprotected rechargeables pop them back in the charger when they start to dim.

Bill

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
Your good to go, KL1 can handle up to 6V.
are you sure only 6V? cuz i would be running the cheap purple colord ones like you get from lighthound that are 3.7x2=7.4 i think so, is this safe

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
From what I understand........it's 3.

I used to run a KL1 3rd gen on a Balrog 3 cell body with primaries .....but my tastes have gone to the single cell lights.

Bill

leukos said:
I thought someone asked SF about this a while back and was told the KL1 could handle up to 4 primaries. Don't quote me on that though....

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
not trying to make this a sale thread but anyone wanting to know i think the body is sold but if you would like the kl1 shoot me a pm.

unless you can make me an awsome deal on the whole thing.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
The KL1 can handle up to 9v IIRC.

benchmade_boy: KL1 will run just fine on 2xRCR123 I used this setup quite a few times...
thanks maycooper that makes me feel a lot safer i thought it would be safe i just didnt want to blow a new head i just got.