Question re: l'espion miniature digital camera

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question re: l\'espion miniature digital camera

Anyone have a l'espion miniature digital camera ?
This little matchbox sized thing seems like a beauty.
http://www.digitaldreamco.com/shop/espion.htm

It sells over here at ~$56. I'm tempted to buy one, but wanted to know if any of you have looked it over.

The "high-res" capacity is 20 shots at 352 x 288 pixels - what does that resolution actually look like ?
Any idea how well this kind of thing would operate with night-time light levels ?

Thanks,
Jahn

Ps - the Logitech® Pocket Digital™ camera is better, and nearly as small, credit-card sized, but 3x the price. Any info about that one ?

PhilAlex

Enlightened
Re: Question re: l\'espion miniature digital camera

Check out the AXIA EYEPLATE or the Logitech Digital Companion for other, cool camera's that take horrible pictures.

Dude, that resolution is TERRIBLE.

I have a CJ-100. It has a 640x400 Hires shot that is, at best, okay.

If you much, the L'espion or the BLINK (Check the UK gadget sites, the blink fits INSIDE a matchbox!) are good choices, since they take regular batteries.

Saaby

Flashaholic

How about that really cool, umm is it a Nikon? It has a 3x digital zoom but it's virtical inside the body so the camera is super slim. Expensive though.

**EDIT**
Ok it's a Minolta. Here is a quick rundown of the slim cams I found in Tiger Direct.

SiPix BLINK:
Up to 400 pictures (Though I cringe at the resulition) or use as a 640x480 web cam. $40

Logitec Pocket Digital:
Take 52 "high" resolution images. (On the cover it's advertised at 1.3 megapixel) Recharge battery thorough USB connection. Credit card size. $110

Minolta Dimage X:
It's .8" deep or roughly as deep as my Sony CD Walkman. That's slim. It'll take a Secure Digital or MMC card. 8Mb built in memory, LiIon rechargables, 2.1 Megapixel... $400

I personally would say go with the Dimage if you could, but it's much more than you want to pay so then I'd say go with the Logitech. My dad started with a $200 AGFA (Although the same camera is now sold in Wal-Mart under the Polaroid name) name. It's an OK camera but he now has a much nicer Toshiba that he likes better. Gotta start somewhere. Actually, most the pics I take to post here are with the AGFA because I am going to have to down-size them anyway so I start with smaller image and file in the first place. Also, I can have it in my room for weeks without him noticing, but the Toshiba can only stay a day or 2
grin.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phil, the Blink is ~25% larger than the l'espion - I've had a chance to compare them.

Saaby, thanks.
The Logitech sounds pretty good, even if it's 3x the price. (Over here.)

Is there any way to assess the performance in night-time levels of illumination ?

Jahn