EDC - What & HOW?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the topic of which flashlight people use as an EDC (Every Day Carry) has been discussed quite a bit. I'm wondering something more general...

1. What items do you always carry with you?

2. HOW do you carry those items?

3. Palm Pilot owners - Palm Pilot cases...what kinds do everyone like? Where did you get them? (links, please
smile.gif
)

I have a keyring, Palm Pilot m125, reading glasses, sunglasses, wallet, Infinity on keychain, 2 LED modded Solitaire in Palm Pilot case on my belt and want to also add another EDC flashlight to the collection.

So, what are some ways you carry everything with you all the time?

Does anyone use a large belt case that would accept various items? Where are cases/pouches like that sold? Any other ideas?

Any helpful picts, links, etc. would be greatly appreciated for those like me who want to be more organized
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I guess I'm somewhat boring in this respect. I carry my keys in my left pocket. They include a house key, round head key (Opens doors and trunk--no ignition) for a 92 Oldsmobile, Key for 93 Chrysler Town & Country, BROKEN Chrysler key, umm, a little keychain multitool thing (Not a leatherman) and a glowring.

I carry my Arc on a clip from www.berkeleypoint.com around my belt loop. The clip is super helpful.

In my other pocket I generally, but not 100% of the time, carry a Brinkmann LX. It will eventually be replaced with a Surefire E2, E2E, or A2...but not yet. I traded it's rubber thing with the one from the Rebel and sometimes carry it on the holster belt clip thing.

Here's a pic of my arc with it's Clip

x.gif

*EDIT*
Urgh, this is 5th attempt at image
wink.gif

6th attempt, will it work?

7th attempt...

alphamaniv

Newly Enlightened
Ok heres what I carry when not at work:
Left front pocket: Keys
Right front pocket:Fisher Space pen, chapstick, benchmade 350 clipped to pocket
Left back pocket:wallet, surefire e2e
Right backpocket: nothing at the moment
Left hip:Kahr K9 98 Elite in an alessi talon IWB holster (yes I have a permit)

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by alphamaniv:
Ok heres what I carry when not at work:
Left back pocket:wallet, surefire e2eLeft hip:Kahr K9 98 Elite in an alessi talon IWB holster (yes I have a permit)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Doesn't it hurt to sit on the E2e?
And, I'm not sure what a Kahr K9 98 Elite is...a gun?

Kirk

Enlightened
ChrisM!
In one front pocket I always carry a white Photon2 clipped to a Swiss Army "Cadet" pocket knife. The other front pocket holds the car keys with some other LED light (mfg. varies according to which key ring), and my housekey ring with a Swiss Tech pliers clamped on. One back pocket holds a wallet and a Surefire E1. Hardly know it's there--the wallet, I mean. It's sooo thin compared to the E1 'cause it ain't got no money left in it!
wink.gif
The other back pocket is empty in case I need to carry something!
Kirk

alphamaniv

Newly Enlightened
mikep answered on the 9mm and with my e2e in my back pocket I never know its there. I carry it vertically beside my wallet. The wallet keeps it in place. You should give it a try. I read about it here a while back and now its the only way I carry it.

Kirk

Enlightened
chrism!
I agree with alphamaniv; with the wallet toward the inside of your "cheek" and the light toward the outside, you can't hardly tell it's in your pocket. You really don't put any weight on the light.
Kirk

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm going to move this to the Cafe because this appears to be a general EDC thread rather then flashlight specific.

Regarding how I carry my EDC:

For work:

E2e-HA clipped to the inside of my right-hand trouser pocket.
handkerchief and my office biro in left-hand trouser pocket.
3210 [brick] clipped to the inside of my left-hand trouser pocket.
Glowring (green), P3 (red), & ArcAAA (turq) on Photon neck lanyard (unless I'm shirted and tied)
Leatherman SuperTool 200 in belt pouch on belt right-hand side.
I also wear one watch, one ring, and one pair of looking glasses.

My EDC must be unobtrusive, secure but easy to access, and light-weight.

In the future, I will carry an A2 instead of the E2e, and also carry a Strider-Buck mini-Folder (non-tanto)

Al

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, no one uses a Palm Pilot case to carry other items along with the Palm like a flashlight and/or pen? hmmmm...

mikep

Enlightened
I just carry my Palm IIIc in a pocket in my attache type bag. I do keep my E2 and various knives clipped in other pen/ruler pockets in the same bag.

SFR

Newly Enlightened
On weekdays at the office I carry my stuff (digital camera, cell phone, E2e, Arc LS, pens, paper, etc.) in a Man Bag. See it at www.manbag.com

On weekends I carry my stuff in a Waypoint travel pouch. Similar to a Columbia Sportswear South City Pouch. See it at www.ebags.com

mikep

Enlightened
The manbag looks cool, and obviously they have taken into account the fact that some would compare it to a purse, but the name reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was designing the bra for saggy men- the "manzierre" or "bro"
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Pockets: Nothing. Ever. They self-empty after some time in my wheelchair.

Case Logic heavy nylon CD player bag (sits on a flat fender behind the footplate),
Main compartment: Wallet (usually empty), substantial amount of loose change, generic bagged tobacco product, Top papers & roller, generic flame-emitting product, Arc LS, Lambda Illuminator, CMG Reactor, Firefly, and a serrated tire slasher (for those who park in front of the only wheelchair curb-cut for blocks).

CD compartment: Nikon Coolpix 775 digicam, small amount of folded toilet tissue, one or two Rocket Mints, green laser pointer, white Arc AAA.

Side pouch: 59¢ pen, 59¢ comb, receipts, newer business cards I acquire, ID card, pack of matches.

Pouch on side of wheelchair: Excecutive E2, tire pressure gauge, pre-paid cell phone.

On wheelchair handset, affixed to Berkely Point twirly lanyard: House keys, cylindrical Ace key for a video game, Swiss Army knife with red LED, green tritium glow-ring, spring-loaded "dog leash" clip.

On wheelchair handset, affixed to the ignition switch: Ignition key, plastic key fob, blue tritum glow-ring.

On wheelchair handset, affixed to finger guard: Five Gemlites, UV "money detector", Eddie Baeur "cigarette flashlight".

Otherwise affixed to or carried on wheelchair: Cobalt blue glass bottle with cap (for water), segmented folding cane, radio transmitter for opening my building's front door, two large stuffed Digimon creatures, Light Cannon 100 HID, Trek 400 EX40, Vista-Light 15W halogen with NiCd battery, Koehler-Bright Star Div. 2 Responder, Trek 6000 EX60, Expedition 1900 Ltd. Edition Aluminum. The last two flashlights listed are in final phases of durability assessment, and regularly get crunched up in narrow doorways and against sides of buildings.

Regarding flashlights; the contents of my daily carry bag and what hangs from my wheelchair's handset can vary substantially, depending on what I'm currently evaluating and what stage of testing they're in at the moment.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
My normal loadout for work:
- right front :
- Benchmade Mini-Griptillian
- House Key Ring
- Photon I, blue
- Glowring, old style, yellow

- right rear
- Pocket notebook
- PT Attitude

- IWB 2:00 o'clock Spyderco Tim Wegner
OR
- IWB 4:00 o'clock CCW of the day or Spyderco Chinook

- Left Front :
- Car Key Ring
- Photon II, turq
- Glowring, new style, blue
- D-Jammer
- handcuff key
- P-38, taped
- Spyderco Navigator, PE with G10 handles
- Surefire E1-HA, clipped

- left rear : Victorinox Cybertool (34?) with wallet and checkbook

- Luminox Captiains Watch

- at least one good fountain pen clipped in my shirt pocket or the buttons of my polo shirt and normally one decent ball point

In my briefcase:
- UKE 4AA flashlight, which will most likely be replaced with a Tec40 with a 4 aqua LED bulb
- more fountain pens and sometimes spare ink

Going out:
- Surefire E2 replaces the E1
- Sometimes right rear ASP baton, 16 inch