AMBER ALERT---Baby abducted in my home town!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
www.ktabtv.com

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/13/texas.infant.abduction/index.html

click above for more of the story. This poor woman just had strapped all three of her kids in the car seats installed in the van and when she went to return the cart to the cart rack (I wish moms would just leave the carts out to bang around on cars) a woman pulled up, snagged the 1 month old and tore out. A kid did try to stop the car and actually hit the back window so hard that it is believed that it broke it out. There is now a state wide man hunt (or woman hunt) out for this person.

We all know, in hindsite, what someone or we could have done if we would have been there, Or "she should have locked the doors" etc, etc. But lets take a moment to offer prayer for this family who is hurting deeply...

Thank you, CPF family...Even though I do not know these people, Abilene is a "smallish" community oriented city of 113,000 and is closer knit than cities half its size...

Mike

Saaby

Flashaholic
frown.gif
Hopefully this won't turn into Elizabeth Smart II..what I mean by that is hopefully the baby will be back soon.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah Craig you beat me to it. I was just about to post that. i found out at about 1430 also. They got her and the baby is being returned to Abilene.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea actually ended like it was supposed to...Actually shouldn't have happened in the first place. Watch your kids, kids...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Bart, maybe this isn't the palce to bring it up but oh well...is it just my computer or are your images not showing up??

D

**DONOTDELETE**

so the suspect is a women huh? I'll bet she took it just to have as her own. It's amazing how the instinct to mother, (or nurture in the cases of couples who steal babies) overcomes some people.. Wonder if she was turned down by adoption services...?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Saaby I don't see Bart's images on my Mac either..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
so the suspect is a women huh? I'll bet she took it just to have as her own.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The last baby that was taken was actually discovered when the abductor took her to a doctor to get a check up. Makes me think the abudctor wanted a kid, but she didn't want to go through the whole "hassle" of a legitimate pregnancy - the timing of intercourse, peeing on a $22 stick every day, the morning sickness, the pain of labor & delivery, having to lay off the jug & the crackpipe for 9 months, having to save up for the bassinnette, a baby carriage, diapers, bottles, canned baby milk, and other necessities (which somebody who would abduct would probably just shoplift anyway) or the 9-months wait in general. Impatient, immature, and VERY CRIMINAL!

Over the last few weeks, it seems there's been a kid abduction every couple of days or so. Five or six of them in Seattle alone in the last two weeks.

Greta

Flashaholic
Ummmm... Craig, that's a bit harsh don't you think? The fact of the matter is that most infants are kidnapped by women who cannot for one reason or another have a baby of their own. The majority of them do not have the resources (cash) for adoption and they are desperate. Ever see "Raising Arizona"? I'm not trying to justify what they do... yes, it's still criminal... but let's not paint them all as a bunch of druggie kids.

Another FYI... the number of abductions has not increased anywhere in the country. BUT! more of them are now being publicized... as well they ALL should!! I think alot of people are fed up with the media only focusing on the ones where wealthy families are involved. Every missing/abducted child deserves nationwide coverage... not just the Elizabeth Smarts. It's about damn time!!

BTW... I can't see Bart's graphic either.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh good, computer #2 and I still can't see it. By the way, if I was obducted (hopefully not by one of the CPF members who has my address
wink.gif
) it probably wouldn't be publicized, well that came out wrong, lets jsut put it this way...I don't live in Park City like the Smart family does..

Anyway if I were kidnapped, CPF member or otherwise, and it wern't publicized I am sure you'd notice the sharp dropoff of posts and put one and one together and start looking for me
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Craig, I think there are alot of orphan kids who would be happy with many of the people who get turned down for adoption..
And I think Sasha is right of course; the media conspires to make us all hysterical, and obsessed with their version of reality..the version that keeps your TV tuned in..

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
They just found the baby, and she's OK.
They found her about 175 miles north of the shopping center where she was taken, and the woman who abducted the baby is now in custody.

That's certainly good news.

arab

Enlightened
Bushman said
Sabby, it is your computer...they show up fine here...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With a past in Computer Support, this made me laugh. You're almost guranteed to be proven wrong when you make statements like that!
grin.gif

On the other - more serious - topic, child abductions are not unique to the USA either. In Ireland last year, there was a well publicised case of a baby who was abducted from the maternity hopital! As a result, most maternity hospitals here now electronically tag all babies. These cannot esily be removed and exit doors will not open if there is a tag in the proximity - I believe alarms are also sounded.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started a thread in the "Questions or problems about this website or groups" area for the "My images are not showing" problem, which has been afflicting me too.

And then solved it for my setup. Check in there if you want to leave this serious thread focused on its topic.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Sasha:
Ummmm... Craig, that's a bit harsh don't you think? The fact of the matter is that most infants are kidnapped by women who cannot for one reason or another have a baby of their own.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Harsh?
Anyone who would stoop so low as to STEAL another woman's precious child is a class-A1 douchebag to me. There are a few other choice words I have for people like that, but they can't be printed here.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

One of the woman who is accused of abducting a child recently (the one who was busted after taking the stolen girl to the doctor) already has four kids of her own!! So why did SHE do it?