What does my MM mod put out?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
At some point last year, I rounded up a few parts for a shortened Minimag mod consisting of a cutdown body, 14500 cell, metal reflector, Kroll, UCL, and a POP2 V2.25 TWOJ sandwich.

The sammie was rated for about 650ma (667ma, if I remember the exact number), and I'm wondering approx. how many lumens, on average, a TWOJ puts out at that current. Anyone know offhand?

I've cut out enough resistance throughout the light to actually make a visible difference, using a little Pro Gold in the Kroll, both battery contacts, and the sammie to body contact. The light works great, and I love it. Just wondering how much horsepower it's got.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
setherd said:
7 lumens

hey you said rough guess!!!! :)

LOL!! Maybe I need more Pro Gold? :laughing: Well, 7 lumens should give me good runtime anyway.

P.S. I think I get more than 7 lumens from my pre-2X Photon Freedom... heh.

Last edited:

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is far too much variation from the high end to the low end of the bin with Lumileds binning techniques to make ana ccurage guess. It could be off by 50%

My home made integrating sphere isn't certified nor calibrated, but the numbers are pretty close to reality, and give a good comparison to other lights that have been in it.

If you want to mail me your light and return postage I'd measure the output for you.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the offer, Chevro! I'm not sure I want to know badly enough to spend the bucks to ship it around, but that is a very cool offer. Much appreciated!