Osram Dot-It adaptation.

Jorge Banner

Newly Enlightened
I want to share a modest combination I found to be very useful.

First, the magnet: Personal computer hard disks include amongst many elements one or two very strong synthetic ceramic magnets. Try to get some discarded hard disks and open them and recover the magnets. Don't separate the ceramic magnet from the metal backing. The magnet itself is quite fragile and it is better to keep it on the metal backing and use this metal to attach the magnet to things. Try not to bang the magnets against things, remember, they ARE ceramic. Gently will allow them to give service for years. These magnets can be quite useful for many applications, and one of them is as follows.

Second, the light: get yourself an Osram Dot-It light and attach the metal backing of one of the magnets to the back of the light after peeling the self-adhesive protection tape to expose the glue. Try not to cover the three screws on the back of the Dot-It light cause you'll eventually need to open the light to replace the batteries.

Now, you have a magnetic Dot-It light that I've found to be very useful in a myriad of circumstances. I'm quite happy with the combination. There are so many places you can attach the light to that I intend to carry a couple around, most of the time. It is a good idea to keep the plastic blister the light comes in in order to protect the light in transit from accidentally being turned on.[font=&quot]

Regards.

Jorge Banner
[/font]