• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XX: ***Mag625R***Pulled**

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:
Mag625R
This light is a Mag625R with a few notable exceptions. It's built using a PIR instead of AWRs Hotdriver. This means there are no tail cap resistors to mess with. Also, it's built in a 6D Mag body with a 1D extension to hold 11 4Ah 1/2D NiMH cells. The PIR is set for 11,12, and 12.75 volts. I placed aluminum foil between the insulation and the inner surface of the Mag body to reflect IR back inside the body instead of being absorbed by the aluminum tube. The foil and refractory insulation are absolutely necessary to allow more than 5 minutes of run time. At 6 minutes the head becomes uncomfortable to hold. There are no marks on this light. It is flawless.​
Included components:
6D Mag Black​
1D extension​
2 x Osram 64625 Bi-pin bulbs​
Camless MOP reflector​
Boro-float lens​
Winny's PIRv1.1​
KIU ceramic socket​
Switch modified for momentary contact only​
Ceramic refractory insulation​
Tail spring fix​
11 x 1/2D 4000mAh NiMH batteries​
PVC charging tube​
Not Included:
USB Programmer for PIR (Additional $40)​
Shipping will be via UPS ground. I have no idea what shipping will cost because of the odd size. After purchase I'll PM the buyer with the actual shipping costs.​
img1745fs7.jpg

The first :takeit: gets it.​

Last edited:

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: ***Mag625R***Price Drop**

I suppose so. I'll see if I can get some tonight. I don't have a white wall. All the walls in my house are off-white at best. Perhaps some outdoor shots.

I've got a MagIRC65, a Mag138, and a Mag623 to compare to.

missionaryman said:
any beamshots?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Forgive my lousy photography. This is what I have for a beam shot. The wall is about 4 feet away and is slightly off white. It's my livingroom wall.

The Mag625R is on the left, Mag138 is on the right. The 138 is quite bright but can't hold a candle (heh) to the 625R.

img1752gl1.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

That thing looks like it is 3-4 feet long....seems kind of unmanageable, compared to the 2D Mag623 mods also putting out 4,000...even if for only 10 mins.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Big? Sure. You should have a look at the MagIRC65 I'm selling. It's no EDC, but at least it runs more than a couple of minutes. Some of these 2D lights like the M@g623 (I own one. Jesus, it's bright!) , etc. are bordering on flash bulbs. It's great for 8 minutes, maybe, then I have to gently charge the battery because the 2/3As are so warm.

These lights are exercises in excess. These are not for everyone. I can run my MagIRC for 8 minutes, maybe more, then let it cool for a few minutes then run it again and again and Still be in regulation at 18.5+ volts.
This thing is BAD A**.
When I get a chance I'll get a beam shot of the 623, 625, and IRC together. At 0 minutes and then at 5 minutes.

Last edited: