EDCing a Fenix L1T

Undark

Newly Enlightened
A short question to all L1T EDCers:

How do you carry the light? I am afraid that the light is going to slip out of the original Fenix holster and will never be seen again...

Using the supplied lanyard to tie it to the holster's D-ring has the disadvantage that the light cannot be drawn fast. I don't like putting it in my pockets because there are many other HA-III things that won't feel too comfortable when scratching against each other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

clipse

Enlightened
Watch pocket. I used to carry my L1P in the provided holster but, it slipped out. I was devistated.

Another thing you could do is get a holster that has a flap that goes over the top.

clipse

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am afraid that the light is going to slip out of the original Fenix holster and will never be seen again...

They are pretty good at retaining the light IMO. I've EDC'ed my P1 & V1 in their holsters with no problems.

CFU

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get some strapping (same stuff as the holser) and stitch a flap on it with some velcro stitched as well. That would help solve that.

But I wish they made a clip :(

L1T with an XRE would be the best EDC for me. 2 stages, xre output, and li-ion capable! Don't forget dark NA natural and a clip though! :D

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
But I wish they made a clip
frown.gif

Don't the Gerber "infinity ultra" clips fit Fenix Lxx lights? I'm sure I've seen a few folks using them on Fenix's.

CFU

bitslammer

Enlightened
While on this topic I have a question about the D-ring. How do you use that thing? What else would you need to use that to attach to your belt? I tried to google for answers and found none.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Casual Flashlight User said:
They are pretty good at retaining the light IMO. I've EDC'ed my P1 & V1 in their holsters with no problems.

CFU

Yeah, same here.not had a single problem with my L1 popping out of its holder,
perhaps the elastic on yours maybe a little loose.

Undark... a suggestion,if your concerned your L1 might be lost, perhaps try a longer custom lanyard so your able to withdraw and use your light without going astray. :ohgeez:
The D ring doesnt stop me withdrawing my light quickly when i need it, perhaps its the way your pulling yours out of the holster :)

cloud

Newly Enlightened
bitslammer said:
While on this topic I have a question about the D-ring. How do you use that thing? What else would you need to use that to attach to your belt? I tried to google for answers and found none.

I think its for attatching to a backpack or something like that, or a karribiner type hook.. thats all I could think of when I looked at mine..

dont use it anyway, if its no good.. cut it off.. am thinking of just that :naughty:

cloud

Newly Enlightened
Ah, CFU just beat me to replying.. server seems a little slow tonight

woodasptim

Newly Enlightened
The D-Ring might be good for attaching it to your keyring. Then you could still use the light with you keys in the ignition. And it would provide some protection for the light while it's in your pocket. Might have to order a l0p-se to try that with :lolsign:

Terry_Dodson

Newly Enlightened
I edc my L1T ever since i got it several months ago. I use the supplied holster and i use it several times every day. It still fits snug as a bug in the holster and i have no fear of it falling out.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does everyone use lanyards? For me they are useless. I'm not going to walk around town with a light hanging from my wrist, and not hanging from my waist/belt banging into my crotch and swinging around as I walk...

Jeff H

Newly Enlightened
bitslammer said:
While on this topic I have a question about the D-ring. How do you use that thing?
I use mine on my Eagle Creek bag. I unsnap the shoulder strap, slip the D-ring on the holster over the D-ring on the bag and re-attach the strap. The light swings back and forth a bit but this allows it to stay upright even if the bag is not, keeping gravity from assiting in extrication of the light. Since I am using the L2T body with its hourglass figure, the elastic holds it pretty well. I went to the CR123 body for EDC and drop it into my left shirt pocket or panst pocket - all by itself. SOme of the watch pockets are too shallow these days and my light gets squeezed out when I sit down. The L1T holster swallows the light when using the CR123A body but you can squeez it out from the bottom.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
... and not hanging from my waist/belt banging into my crotch and swinging around as I walk...

HEY! Some of us like that feeling... That great sensation of numbing pain just slightly left of centre. :laughing:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1T holster swallows the light when using the CR123A body but you can squeez it out from the bottom.

The Fenix P1 holster is excellent for an LxT with CR123 body.

4sevens sells them for about $6

CFU

Coop57

Enlightened
I edc my L1P in my front right pocket with nothing else in the pocket. I use the lanyard and have four O rings around the L1P body about 1 inch from the tail end of the L1P. This allows me to hold it between the forfinger and middle finger and use the thumb on the switch. I can't remember the name for this type of hold. I remember reading about it at glocktalk.com

Last edited: