My E2 ran away from home :(

mikep

Enlightened
Not too long after posting to the "EDC-how" thread that I keep my E2 in a ruler pocket on my bag, it seems to have jumped out! Argh. The worst part for is not knowing where it fell out. There is still the possibility that one of the kids saw it in my bag and left it somewhere, but I doubt it.

Wanna hear the weird thing? The last time I used it was I first MADMAX-ed my minimaglite, and I was comparing the beams. I thought "wow, the E2 looks yellow compared to the luxeon star", and later in the chatroom bushman asked what my favorite light is, and I said currently it was the MADMAX conversion. Maybe I hurt the feelings of my E2!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry about your loss, mikep, if I lost my E2 I would be sick. Make sure and look at the camo E2E's, they're awful sharp.

You're right about the "loyalty" of the Arc's, Saaby, I've put my AAA thru the washing machine twice, and it's come back ( in good condition )each time.

Joe

Size15's

Flashaholic
I found the E2e clip to be far more secure then the E2 clip.

It's dreadful to loose a SureFire. It really guts you up.

I guess you'll be saving for an A2 now?

Al

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
frown.gif
Maybe it will meet up with my Energizer Folding Flouressent light. I put a "WANTED" poster up in my house, but alas it's still missing.

DO lost flashlights go the same place lost socks go?
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hope not.
i find many of those lost socks in the pumps of washing machines.washer acting up?
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Lost flashlights, lost socks... better add lost vacuum cleaners to the Twilight Zone too.

bhole1.jpg

I had to learn this lesson the hard way: Never let a vacuum cleaner try to suck itself up, or it'll end up in the same place as all those lost socks and flashlights.
blush.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those little suckers are battery hungry maybe if you leave out some 123's it will get hungry. Also in my experience drop ceilings seem to really like lights and tools.

Saaby

Flashaholic
frown.gif
Maybe it will meet up with my Energizer Folding Flouressent light. I put a "WANTED" poster up in my house, but alas it's still missing.

DO lost flashlights go the same place lost socks go?

Are some flashlights better behaved about running away...? I know many people who have put their Arcs through the wash, they don't seem to disappear
smile.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that you DID hurt its feelings. I hope that it will turn up for you ... I know it hurts.

mikep

Enlightened
Well let me try to make it up by saying if I could only have one light, I would want it to be an E2 (of course, if I have to replace the darn thing, the E2e is lookin pretty cool..)

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Lost flashlights, lost socks... better add lost vacuum cleaners to the Twilight Zone too.

I had to learn this lesson the hard way: Never let a vacuum cleaner try to suck itself up, or it'll end up in the same place as all those lost socks and flashlights.
blush.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL
big%20smilie.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Coool...so when did you get the space/time anomaly, Craig? Or is it just a black hole?
wink.gif

Graham

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It's really neither. Once the vacuum cleaner begins to suck itself into oblivion, its quantum matrix becomes unstable, and a phenomenon not that dissimilar to a static warp bubble from Star Trek begins to form around it. As the cleaner gets pulled farther and farther out of normal space, its atomic resonance changes, and it ends up being pulled into an alternate reality; one which it does not belong in, and one which already has that vacuum cleaner in it.

One of the universal laws of physics states that an object cannot exist in two places at once; but that's exactly what happens: the alternate universe matching the vacuum's new atomic resonance signature already has that vacuum cleaner in it, so they mutually annihilate one another. That's what the bright flash is. The end result is that neither universe has that appliance in it anymore, and the only thing you and your compatriot in the alternate universe will have as proof that you once had a vacuum is a nasty burn in the rug.
wink.gif

A similar thing may have happened to the missing E2; but if the alternate reality it ended up in did not have an E2 in it to begin with, no annihilation will take place, and there's a small but definite chance it could reappear in this universe where it belongs. There is a theory that everybody and everything are somehow linked by subspace "filaments", so when that E2 reappears, it will reappear someplace near its original owner. In other words, check inside couches & chairs and other places you've recently been. That's where it will be found, if it is to be found at all.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really neither. Once the vacuum cleaner begins to suck itself into oblivion, its quantum matrix becomes unstable, and a phenomenon not that dissimilar to a static warp bubble from Star Trek begins to form around it. As the cleaner gets pulled farther and farther out of normal space, its atomic resonance changes, and it ends up being pulled into an alternate reality; one which it does not belong in, and one which already has that vacuum cleaner in it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">From watching Star Trek, I am pretty certain that the vacuum cleaner in the alternate reality will probably be an evil version of your vacuum cleaner and quite possibly will have a goatee.
grin.gif

Pat

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know about you guy's findings.
From the photographic evidence Craig has provided, obviously all missing objects are to be found in Craig's belly-button!
grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
I don't know about you guy's findings.
From the photographic evidence Craig has provided, obviously all missing objects are to be found in Craig's belly-button!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">THANK YOU!! I wasn't going to say anything 'cuz I figured someone would call me a perv or something but... well... DAMN!... it DOES look like Craig's bellybutton!! ... er.. not that I've ever actually seen Craig's bellybutton... uh... er... nevermind...
help.gif

sflate

Enlightened
I know, wrong forum, but...

You know you are a flashaholic when you put a picture of your missing E2 on the side of Milk Cartons!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ya know I really hate this smiley
blush.gif
because it looks like you're mad or someting!

Anyway, I just have a missing poster stuck by the TV where I figured everyone would see it, but Milk catrons....

Now do undue respect to the Smart family but maybe we could put a missing poster in pdf mormat and post it on the internet for anyone to download and print. Or, alternativly, you could buy another E2. Some loophole or something in the alternate universe thing, whenever you introduce a second item into a space (In this case a E2) the first one comes back
grin.gif